Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I feel like they're basing character's faces off of the faces of celebrities these days. The new Jill Valentine is absolutely Natalie Portman and Aerith is someone but I can't put my finger on who.

I'm glad someone else has noticed this. I agree with the Anna Kendrick comparison to Aeris/th, and can't NOT see Minka Kelly every time I look at Jessie.

Really looking forward to this, Elentor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

There's no flashback element to the prologue. The little girl is just a random girl.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

You don't get anything special for completing the demo. It's actually missing some stuff from the final version.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

LiefKatano posted:

It also has something in it that isn't in the final version: the dark element!

...It's only present if you check the icon help in the analysis menu (there's no reason to since you can't actually analyze enemies). I have no idea what it would've been used for, since dark wasn't even an element in the original (maybe it was subbing for poison (element) before they figured "nah that's dumb"?).

But it is a weird-rear end difference.

Has Dark appeared in other FF games?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I also really enjoyed how the game did nothing to hide or brush off the emotional impact these characters suffer at their own actions.