Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hellll yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

VI is practically perfect in every single way and a remake would be a bad idea imho.

VII is such a special case for a remake, too. It's such a huge game compared to any of the other titles, completely iconic, and has had a slew of bad spin off stuff. So anything that's made with some quality and care toward the original is a really nice surprise, like this game has been for me.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

IV already was remade, sucker!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Elentor posted:

I'll write the next update as soon as I can but I just want to say that my favorite Final Fantasy scene of all time so far, and I mean, every Final Fantasy, happens early on in Chapter 3.

PM me which one it is!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

EponymousMrYar posted:

So you could say that the whole prologue movie bit was Aerith learning that through her 'conversation' with the girl in the Mako, which adds a whole new level to her 'oh wow I can't believe this is still here' phrase about the slide. It's possible that when she went there with Cloud it was the first time she'd been there and she meant her phrase in terms of a memorial, not of her own childhood memory.

I don't have a PS to get the game on, so I have to wait until the LP gets there but this level of supposition and the threads connecting the new prologue to details in the original game are just ace.

She went there with Zack.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Brunom1 posted:

It's a made-up Japanese word that the original localization didn't care to translate. So, yeah, it is mah-ko (魔晄).

It's actually a name, but werk.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Marmaduke! posted:

Had to dig this old post out...

Everyone knows Barret's missed a T

oh tjord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010