Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Honestly I’d just love a proper sequel to FFT. Not some far-flung future like Vagrant Story, or... whatever the hell FFT Advance is to the original.

Also glad to see this being LP’ed on here already (since I don’t have a PS4 and who even knows when or if it’ll come to the other consoles), though I admittedly do think that there’s something lost without the voice acting. I’ve only seen what was in the demo/prologue, but even that had some absolute gems with the delivery that text can’t quite convey.

I’m also glad to see that Cloud is back to being a giant dork who’s putting up what he thinks is a tough guy front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Don’t sweat it too much, look out for yourself first (or at least as much as you can). Worst-case... Well, I’ve personally been involved with LPs that went literal years between updates.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Marmaduke! posted:

Had to dig this old post out...

Everyone knows Barret's missed a T

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Sandbagging is a legitimate strategy. I'm sure we've all done it at one point or another

Or had it done to us in some fan romhacks. :v:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’ve only been able to watch others playing this, but I figured that the most annoying thing is bosses completely resetting their break gauge once you trigger a phase transition. Especially when it seems like some of them were tuned so that you’d likely meet that threshold just as you’ve almost filled the meter.

Here’s to hoping that they’re taking notes on these criticisms for future chapters of the remake.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Wouldn’t surprise me if Shinra also covertly published deliberately faulty how-to guides for building bombs to get any would-be terrorists to dispose of themselves, and practically the only reason Jessie didn’t blow up AVALANCHE was pure dumb luck.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

I really hope that the Rocket Town sequence still has him getting hit by the random truck.

And his survival is somehow even more implausible than it was in the original.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Some of the snippets of what I’ve seen from later on make me very glad that the devs decided to say “F that” to making as close to a 1:1 remake as possible, while still keeping the same general feel for the key or otherwise iconic points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Rashomon, But It’s FF7