Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

So, confession time: I never actually played the original, and I only experienced it through the LP.

I'm actually playing along this time, so I'm really excited to see how it goes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Elentor posted:

I'll write the next update as soon as I can but I just want to say that my favorite Final Fantasy scene of all time so far, and I mean, every Final Fantasy, happens early on in Chapter 3.

Favorite scene... so far!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

The weirdest thing for me to get used to was that blocking in the game is Cool and Good. It always feels like a crutch for not being able to parry in action games like this, but no, the game really wants you to do it. Between that and the "queue up some ATB commands then switch to a new character to build their ATB" tip, the game made a lot more sense when playing.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I'd say the one that still gets you the surprise of a new phase while reducing the sting of blowing limits is just to refund limit and ATB that are interrupted by a cutscenes. Bonus: you give the the obsessives who want to wring every bit of power out of the systems a new thing to master, by allowing them to "double up" well times multi-hit attacks. Everyone wins.