Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Sinner Sandwich posted:

Actually, Dark in XIV is Astral, not Umbral. At least, it is as of the last expansion. Considering the etymology of "Umbral", that just makes it super confusing, but there it is.

No it’s not? the point they’re making in shadowbringers is that the eorzeans were wrong about what light and dark energies do, in that umbral/shadow represents growth and astral/light represents stasis rather than destruction and creation, not that they were wrong about which element was which.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

I mean, the problem with calling barret a cult leader is that he's kinda actually 100% right within the context of the world, as shinra are literally going to kill every single living thing on the planet through mako overusage if nobody stops them (just look at the giant loving desert around Midgar, that wasn't there before the city came,) they've made it quite clear over the preceding decades that they have zero interest in pursuing alternate methods of power or mitigating the current effects, and every single person who AVALANCHE may kill by bombing reactors is 100% hosed anyway if the reactors continue. Like, we're not talking real life here, we're talking an entirely different metaphysical system that you can literally see in action.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Yeah I am not going to spoiler anything but: there are reasons they do the things they did in the remake, which were elaborated on in a specific interview, and your (not just elentor, anyone coming into the remake) impression of who is responsible or why they did it is probably wrong.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Qrr posted:

While I get why people are doing it, it's kind of annoying to have the thread fill up with "just wait, it makes sense later".

I should note that I’m not talking about plot spoilers, I’m speaking metatextually about why Nomura and co. made the choices they did with the remake and that assigning motivations to the dev team might be unwise, given the very specific things they’ve said.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

The best thing about Stamp is when you hear his theme song and pay attention to the lyrics