Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

CzarChasm posted:

*though it is typed out in one of his screenshots.

Heads up, elentor is a she not a he.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

GunnerJ posted:

I'm signing up for your patreon but do you have a cashapp/venmo if you need a chuck of cash?

If this is a serious inquiry, their PayPal can be found at (scrubbed)

Elentor I'm sorry to hear that, I hope things work out for you. Best of luck :/

e; I quoted the wrong post
e2; removed Elentor's PayPal at her request, if anyone still wants to help feel free to pm myself, reclaimer or elentor themselves

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 23, 2020

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Quote from Elentor: "You know if you think about it, this whole thing technically counts as content because its basically just a Sector 7 Sidequest"

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Fedule posted:

I super hate having to be the bad guy when it comes to stuff like this, but I've removed the link to Elentor's Patreon a few posts back in accordance with forum-wide rules against linking personal fundraisers... even when, frankly, they're completely justified.

...Of course, just because it can't be linked from here doesn't mean you can't very easily seek it out yourself, if you're so inclined.

Can you explain this one, specifically the bolded part? It's not mentioned anywhere in the rules, and there are several notable high traffic threads that feature either direct links to a patreon or some other form of goon made merchandise, such as the kill 6 billion demons thread, the nail thread, or several goon game projects whenever those pop up in Games? Why are Patreons not allowed here when they're seemingly allowed everywhere else?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

TheParadigm posted:

From what I understand its a classy/pushy thing: your'e discouraged to put it everywhere to the point where its gets annoying, but its acceptable to like, throw it in an op somewhere and let people go there if they want to. The difference being hawking vs unobtrusiveness, I think.

Sure, I don't think people should be spamming it every post but throwing it into the OP of a post or throwing it into a post under extreme circumstances like Elentor went through shouldn't be uncalled for, especially if the poster in question is someone who contributes some level of content to the forums, like Elentor has and continues to do so on an incredibly regular basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Dash Rendar posted:

That said, LPers are creating content and creators should be able be paid for content, yes? The timing of this is funny because the question was raised in the mod forum three weeks ago; we are currently discussing this very issue! Unfortunately, it got shelved to deal with other fires in the forums at large, but these questions are good and remind me to prod that thread.

My two cents (if I'm allowed to give it) is that at the very least a link to the patreon should be allowed in the OP of an LP thread post. I'd argue that if someone was making bonus content for a patreon (such as podcasts, maybe Dev interviews) then they should be allowed to plug it everytime they put out a piece of said bonus content, or at least every few releases of such content, but that's just me.