Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Oh yay! I didn't realize this was even here. Can't wait for the next update.

I watched the stairs portion of the remake, it's everything I hoped for. Too bad I'm gonna have to wait for this to come out on PC to play it myself.

e: Also, at some point I'm gonna have to start linking to FFVII Blazed - because that was an extremely dumb & fun twitter thread.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/ffvii_blazed/status/485195927607451648

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I mean, Square did work on this for close to a decade, they announced it in 2015! I think a bunch of the work was in getting back to the tone of the original and moving away from the flanderization of the follow on media.

I don't get to play this until it comes out for PC, but is Wall Street still as fun as it was in the original? If so, I'm gonna be real happy with the game.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I really appreciate how Square is expanding the story while holding to so much of the original.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, Cloud was a trooper for a few years, so it makes sense that there'd be other Shinra guys who recognize him. Christ, just from the hairdo.

It's a nice touch.