Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Fedule posted:

ain't never ever ever gettin' off this train we on

An' this train we on don't make no stops. It ain't GOT no stops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

I was glad they kept the giant Loveless banners in the opening, after Aeris looks up at the camera.

That's my tag.

Edit: Specifically this one:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

my cat is norris posted:

There's no flashback element to the prologue. The little girl is just a random girl.
The cinematics of the prologue were so that you'd have the girl looking at the big green mako reactor and it'd link with Aerith looking at the green mako leak from the pipes. At first I thought they were the same too, but the eye color and the time doesn't quite match up.

Then I thought about it a bit more and realized there was a far more dire message that was subtly being told. In the scenes, the Girl is facing right and looking up. Aerith is facing left and looking down. You could say that the two of them were having a dialogue through the green Mako energy.
Which means that that little girl grew up, died, entered the lifestream and is being used to power Midgar when Aerith notices the Mako leak.
So you could say that the whole prologue movie bit was Aerith learning that through her 'conversation' with the girl in the Mako, which adds a whole new level to her 'oh wow I can't believe this is still here' phrase about the slide. It's possible that when she went there with Cloud it was the first time she'd been there and she meant her phrase in terms of a memorial, not of her own childhood memory.

I don't have a PS to get the game on, so I have to wait until the LP gets there but this level of supposition and the threads connecting the new prologue to details in the original game are just ace.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

He went for the sustainable rocket punch option: his overdrive bullets are all tiny fists.