Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Namtab posted:

In my experience the stagger bar aeems to decrease when a boss enters a new phase

For a lot of bosses it felt like filling the stagger bar caused the transition to a new phase, rather than damage. Which was annoying because I didn't get to actually hit them for bonus damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Elentor posted:

Seriously, look at how goofy these things look compared to the rest of Shinra's equipment. And yes, yes, I know there is sillier. Still, they look kinda like toys. I had put this on the budget of "designs that are gonna change because they're too silly" and to my surprise they're here.

I'm not sure that there are any enemy designs in all of Midgar that they changed because they were too silly.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Onmi posted:

It's not necessarily that the bosses are set to phase change so that you'll have filled the gauge when it happens... it's that the system rewards knowing how to build stagger fast and maximizing your damage through it. The short of it is

I don't understand what your post has to do with boss phase changes.

I also am not sure that a blind LP thread in chapter 1 is the best place for a game mechanics deep dive.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

While I get why people are doing it, it's kind of annoying to have the thread fill up with "just wait, it makes sense later".