Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

FlyTB20C posted:

I'd be all onboard that train. I'd say it's a pipe dream, but I honestly never through THIS was going to happen so who knows what madness awaits?!
Probably not more Vagrant Story though...

We can dream, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
In practice though it works out to about the same thing for most enemies, though it certainly does feel more organic. But yeah, for most enemies it's "cast the spell they're week to, they're pressured now, hit them with your stagger-increasing abilities like Focused Thrust, repeat if needed".

The pressure thing is the most significant practical change to the formula; this is like the pre-stagger thing that doesn't make them more vulnerable to damage yet, but when pressured their stagger gauges increase a lot more quickly. You get an ability eventually that'll clue you in to how to pressure/stagger most enemies.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
It's quite acceptable

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
It never took me more than a couple of tries to get 0.0.0 or the butterfly catching (there's a map on gamefaqs, I just follow it on the minimap).

I'd take twenty CPR minigames over Lightning Dodger though.

And Drownball is fun :colbert:

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

RudeCat posted:

I enjoyed playing Blitzball but I don't remember if it was actually enjoying the game itself or enjoying the catharsis of "solving" the tactical puzzle, i.e. training everybody else on the team to be good throwers/catchers and getting the ball to Tidus. I understand that there are apparently powerful players out there you can recruit but that always worked for me, I wanted to take the Aurochs to victory.

Datto gains quite a bit of speed as he levels up, so he becomes a pretty good shooter just because he can outrun anyone who isn't an Al Bhed.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
I'm diabetic, and really shouldn't be drinking what few carbs I'm allowed to consume.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Weeble posted:

Aerith is just literally the best in this game.

:hmmyes:

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
The aegyo energy is quite strong in Aerith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Elentor posted:

So at the end you fight that red guy, the Huntsman, which is sort of a mini-boss. The first time I engaged him I had some trouble - the Riot Troopers and him all wear shields, and if you hit the shield you get stunned. You can either wait for an opening, or, as I learned in my second playthrough, just spam Fire. The Riot Troops die to a single Fire.

Punisher Mode also completely destroys shield dudes.