Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
Are you playing with Japanese or English voices? I found that a lot of the characterization in the VAs differed between languages; Barrett was one of the biggest examples I can think of. In English he sounds like a Mr. T-esque gruff black dude. In Japanese he sounds kinda like a kooky weirdo idealist, which I get is more in line with what Nomura was thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

habeasdorkus posted:

I mean, Square did work on this for close to a decade, they announced it in 2015! I think a bunch of the work was in getting back to the tone of the original and moving away from the flanderization of the follow on media.

I don't get to play this until it comes out for PC, but is Wall Street still as fun as it was in the original? If so, I'm gonna be real happy with the game.

Nu Wall Street is amazing and is generally regarded to be the highest point in the remake.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
Please play the next scene ASAP so this thread can go into discussion overdrive, TIA

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

Elentor posted:

So these are the thoughts I posted before the game was out: Jessie survives (or that's an optional side-quest), Sephiroth is showing up because he found ways to mess up with time or saw that in the original timeline things go pear-shaped, Langoliers are Langoliering and they are here to prevent weird time changes.

These are good theories. Can't comment on whether they're actually correct or not, but v good theories regardless.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

One other thing to point out: I love (and by that I actually mean kind of hate) that Shrina in this version is so deviously smart that they have their own children's propaganda mascot and marketing apparatus to sell their bullshit to kids and certain adults though the guise of a seemingly harmless, adorable little beagle. It's just the perfect amount of gross for Shinra :discourse:

No wonder Barret loving HATES Stamp.

I mean, that's also a reflection of Midgar = Tokyo. Every modern Japanese institution has its own mascot. It gets kind of absurd.