Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Question for the Survival mode, what is a realistic "level" to shoot for? I am playing with a 4 year old and when doing COOP only 1 of us gets a powerup after a level so i try to let him get all the punch moves and +defense and stuff and only take upgrades myself when theres no good option. We're getting capped out at around level 17 but I see the leaderboard has people getting to the 90s? 100s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Ok I will reconsider what success is with that in mind. I kinda wish theyd let the scaling slow until level 50 or something as the mode itself is really fun but theres just something about constantly losing on level 17 that felt off lol

I ended up playing solo today as Cherry and got up to level 33 abusing her blitz attack with some very key blitz upgrades so i feel satisfied.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Shine posted:

The kid's holding you back, so they've gotta go.

We got to level 24 :toot:

I think the key is dodging buddy powerups. He always wants to pick them but they die too fast on later levels to be useful.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
We upgraded a buddy to tier 4 and got a Ms whatever and she instantly lunged off the edge of the level. Later levels have so many hazards it didn't seem worth it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Shine posted:

The kid's holding you back, so they've gotta go.

Update but we got to level 35 as our highest now :toot: We're pretty consistent at getting into the 20s now. I run whatever I'm trying to level up and he plays Shiva + our newly unlocked Dr Zan. The upgraded star move for Shiva is clutch.