Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Woo! Fairgame you madman. Glad to see this again. Starting at the ground floor instead of like... 80 episodes behind.

If possible I'd like to be in this as well.

Name: Donkringel
Gender Male
Appearance: Make me look like Santa if he wore a Zoot Suit, or just that general color scheme.
Class: Any that you need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Does anyone know how the long war for xcom2 worked? I was a huge long war fan for the original, but never touched the second game. I'm curious as to what sort of BS was packed into this one to the point where the devs say to just play the chosen dlc.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Is it possible to fight all three chosen at once, or are they locked to their respective areas?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Holy poo poo, did it seriously take two loving minutes to load the drat map on that mission? My opinion of the console version of xcom2 was already low with the performance and stability, but hot drat, two minutes for a LOAD SCREEN!?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Does anyone know what episode of Jade Star's LP where he dunks one of the rulers with a repeater? I nosed around his channel but wasn't able to find it.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Thanks for this!

Re-watched the vid again. Very glorious. Two things.

1) Watching Jade play this on normal/classic is so different from Fairgame's legendary difficulty. Holy poo poo a walk in the park.
2) Did they nerf that ruler? Because holy poo poo Fairgame if you encounter that ruler I shudder to think what they would be in Legendary.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Tuxedo Ted posted:

(Welcome to the team, all you 15 supply units. I'm thinking about starting up a tontine. Either of you want in on this, Grapplejack and Kringel? And uh, have fun in the pods for the next few months, Obelus and Shephard.)

Sounds good, although my self insert into all LP's has died (Battle Brothers, Dorf Fortress, and Matul Remrit)

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Ooooofff.

On the one hand, it does suck that I'm not finished with training. On the other hand, with my poor character LP luck that means I will probably survive a bit longer.

Comedy options. Equip Sugaraddict with the Serpent Suit and watch as he and the vipers panick and hide from each other.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Holy poo poo I'm a voodoo pimp looking Santa, I love it.

Good job scrub team!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Holy hell Grapplejack, your character looks awesome in the W.A.R. Suit. Bandanna really sells it.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

kw0134 posted:

"I'm totally honest I didn't because I'm staring past your shoulder at this chick with a blue mohawk, she's fooling no one pretending to hide behind a waist-high box."

I know the Xcom Resistance has their whole "Rebel Outcast" schtick going one, but it's impressive they have hair dye. Here are my theories.

1) Gene clinic changed the hair color before the soldier went rebel.
2) The soldier has concocted their own hair dye brew with odds and ends they found on the Avenger. This will cause cancer in 15 years.
3) Elaborate wig.
4) Alien biology.

Edit: Hey Fairgame, does it help to Like your videos at all? I didn't do it since I figure it doesn't do anything useful for your channel, but if it does I can take some time going through your vids pressing the Like button. You've given far more at any rate.

Donkringel fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 22, 2020

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Take care fairgame. We all look forward to it.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Hey I came along! Middling performance for myself.

So about the Templar ghost. To me that seems like a very good way to boost your action economy and focus economy. For 2 focus and an enemy body you generate 3 focus that you can immediately use as a suicide bomber.

My guess is that the ghost's focus acts as its timer, so every time you end turn it loses one focus. If you use focus actions the ghost dies more quickly of course. Still a very useful skill if you've got the focus and the corpse.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

I am excited for this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Well done Commander Fairgame. I look forward to your next command.