Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Once more into the breach :getin:

Name: megane
Appearance: anything with big hair and mirrored shades
Class: sharpshooter, or whatever you need

And we should always go maximum anime, so Templars.

e: I'd gladly be a Templar if we get one

megane fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Oh my god, I'm a super Saiyan :allears:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

What a nightmare of a mission. I understand why they put timers on everything, but they're often so incredibly tight that you can't use actual tactics; you just have to sprint directly towards the objective and hope the RNG puts the enemies in good places and lets your shots land.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Ah yes, the secret hidden timer: can you finish the mission before the Lost set your GPU on fire.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I feel like they introduce the Chosen way too early. This is what, the third mission of the campaign? You get four guys, and you're lucky if they're all squaddies. Now, fight this crazy teleporting murder machine with a million HP who gets seven actions a round and can easily disable two of your soldiers a turn, from anywhere, without exposing herself to danger. And she'll probably attack while you're fighting another pod. Obviously it's supposed to set them up as this terrifying threat, but it's mostly just ridiculous.

e: What it reminds me of is starting a new character in an MMO that already has expansions, so you walk into the first town as a level 2 farmer with a stick and find that there's this giant angel robot wrapped in purple flames sitting outside the item shop who informs you that he can teleport you to the Plane of Annihilation once you hit level 56. Gotta introduce that DLC!

megane fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 15, 2020

megane
Jun 20, 2008

"Incredible" can mean a couple of things :ohdear:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Bob Deadford's lack of confining armor makes him swift and deadly, and the sight of his rock-hard abs demoralizes the opposition.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Sharpshooters are very feast or famine in this game. Sometimes you get a map where you can stick them on a hill and have them stand there clicking heads all mission long. Other times they're an empty spot on the team. They're aided enormously by having spotters, especially a ranger with Phantom, or a Reaper.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The Assassin gained enough knowledge from Ricky's brain to sabotage FairGame's PS4.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

That first mech getting utterly ruined by a handful of lovely zombies was :discourse:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

:tviv:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The worst thing about WotC (well, XCOM2 in general) for me is how nearly every enemy is just a normal-rear end humanoid. All the different kinds of Advent infantry, specters, codices, the lost, the Chosen, the various shadows that get summoned... even sectoids and mutons are way more human-shaped than in EU. I think the only enemy we've seen that couldn't be played by a human in a rubber suit is the viper.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

He seems nice, he shot that dasher for you.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

It's bizarre, because it seemed like they learned their lesson - XCOM 2 locks grenades and rockets to tiles, rather than letting you aim them freely. Great, that way you don't have to hunt for the precise pixel and camera angle to hit what you want, like you did in EU, right? Nope! You still have to sometimes, because it uses the same finicky mouse targeting! Why didn't they just let you pick a target tile using the same UI for moving units?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

That splash damage with Rend seems more or a liability than an asset given how much fiddling you seem to do with not hitting people or certain objects and then the AOE blasting open things that reveal more pods.

I will not sacrifice my artistic integrity for petty tactical concerns :colbert:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I really don’t like the way the tier 3 armor looks. It makes everyone look like cheap plastic figurines, and it’s seriously lacking in variation, so they’re all the same cheap plastic figurine.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

As I mentioned, I'm not a big fan of all the humanoids in this game, but they really knocked it out of the park with Sectopods. I love the little laser that pops up out of the top of them.

Gatekeepers are fine. Not as cool as Cyberdiscs were, but fine.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Robert Deadford posted:

the introductory Lost mission - which did not feature in this LP

In case anyone's wondering, you're not really missing anything. The Reapers and Skirmishers hate each other, so you drag them into a meeting and shoot Lost together until they like each other. The Assassin shows up and captures the Skirmisher guy, so you have to go rescue him later.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

FairGame posted:

Sorry about this.

This is some top-tier in media res right here.

RIP, good buddy.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Vaughan is loving terrifying.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

They really should've ditched the rectangle and just given the Chosen, like, 3 times the HP, immunity to the repeater, and an extra action every turn -- something like that. Make it an actual boss fight instead of... this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Finally caught up enough to see the Warlock go down. Eat purple, loser.

Also, it never gets old watching Vaughn julienne dudes while wearing a snake hat and stylish scarf.