Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Is it possible/a good idea to farm these zombie missions for experience? Or do zombies not give any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Everyone just awkwardly trying to not to look at Deadford on the Skyranger.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Crazy Achmed posted:

[edit]Mechanised opponents? Only one thing to do: go, move, go, now!

Wait, "dies offscreen"? That sounds like a new level of unfair bullshit.

I didn't see anything in the subtitles for the video, was there something about the lost videos in there?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So I just noticed, but is the date/time bugged or something? After the mission when you told the Avenger to go to the black market it was May 26, 5:26pm. As soon as the ship lifted off the date/time went backwards to May 26, 1:45 pm. You reached the black market on May 26, 6:00pm but as soon as you landed the time skipped ahead to May 27, 3:10am. Was that the time you would have landed assuming the May 26, 5:26pm time was right in the first place?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I wasn't expecting XCOM to take inspiration from David Cage.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Is frost bomb something you get from ranking up a grenadier and that's why you won't be using that one?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe just... don't do VIP missions any more :v:

The andromedon making an acid trap was not something I would expect the AI to do but I guess it had to be purpose right? Not just an AI fart that happened to work.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Artist's rendition of ADVENT for the first 18 minutes.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Also I'm kind of disappointed that the double agent order doesn't have an Advent soldier in a pod change teams in the middle of the alien turn or something similar. They set-up for combat and then aha! Flank shot! (that misses).

Edit: lmao the Sectopod could just not stand (any more) for some random trooper betraying ADVENT

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 16, 2020

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

VIP missions seem so big and then you uncover 5 pods in 2 turns but what else could you come back on. Even if the lightest you've gotten off from a VIP mission lately 3 psyche wounds off of 1 stun lancer is pretty on point.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Man that Chosen healing seems like it could get out of control really fast. I guess he got healed off the MECs because they were his MECs?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Oh yeah I was going to ask what that grenade was and why it didn’t do anything. We’ve probably seen it before but it’s been a while. Is it basically a super flashbang that also sets people up for capture?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Hunter just wanted to enjoy enslaving and/or killing everyone he could is that really so bad? You breaking into his house, killing his friends, and breaking his stuff seems like quite an overreaction. Have you considered that XCOM might be the bad guy here?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm happy the Rend shockwave was actually useful for once!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So if you cross paths with that alien ship while flying do you just immediately go into a base defense?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

Those turrets did *alot* of work. And I get set on fire.

There was a lot of work to be done!

So beyond getting the dark event is getting this base defense a couple dice rolls? That is there's a chance the UFO will try to intercept you and there's a chance that the evasive actions will work? Unless those were just for flavour.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Nice face save by that Specter with the cool pose after getting blasted off the roof.

Seems like its been a while since we've seen Lost, even not counting the break.

So how much damage would a consecutive nova do to a spark? You've mentioned a few times that you almost always prefer something that doesn't require getting shot at to work and Sacrifice seems like it would fall under that. I guess nova probably doesn't do that much damage either?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

Was it supposed to end early? the video ended as soon as the gatekeeper died.

The caption was also only there when the video ended but the game crashed at that point. Mission will continue next video.

On that note I have not missed Lost missions.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That mission name for a VIP extraction would have been a bad omen a while ago. I’m sure it’ll be juuuuuuust fine now.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That civilian at 20:40 and at 24:25 was just all "God, this firefight has ruined my day!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

:nice: You saved the day again unaccountable military death squad :911:

Were the aliens getting bonuses to dodges in that mission or what because wow there were a lot of them.

Anyways fun times all around, great to see something I could never do, thank you.