Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Start with a Templar because Templars are bae.

Name: Neo
General appearance: Brunette, sunglasses, russian voice if possible
Soldier class: OP's CHOICE!

I look forward to dying in glorious battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Huh no cutscene of Tygan pulling the chip outta your skull?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yo that pod can gently caress right off.

Okay Lightning Hands is not as cool as Bladestorm on a Templar but that is still a solid alt skill. At best do 3-ish extra dmg to a guy before doing your turn and at worst your turn continues as normal. Not a great pick but it could be worse. I also think ghost bros can use it too???

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 14, 2020

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh we got screwed with our power core placement. HELL of a reward for the faction mission tho.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Holy poo poo Fortress on a loving Templar lmao. No need to navigate around fire or anything.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The only psionic units that can come up right now are Sectoids and possibly the Warlock. It's a waste at especially since your slot options are so goddamned limited.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

drat I was thinking you'd dehumanize yourself and face to rookies

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Deadford? More like Deadeyeford jfc

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm surprised you didn't go for that Resistance Order. This early in the game Double AP is godly, especially since it applies to the AP you gain from killing Chosen letting you get a pretty nutty amount of XCOM AP really fast.

EDIT: Oh sick I'm a Reaper!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh hey, I was a Reaper! :v:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

FairGame posted:

I'm actually pretty pleased with some of the dramatic moments and meaningful deaths in this campaign.

Yeah the way I died was metal af, went down completing the mission :metal: :patriot:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Really? Why not? You can use them after double-moving, they do good damage and are perfectly accurate with Blademaster. They also gently caress Sectoids right up.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That was a weird turn for the Assassin. You never really see her using Arashi. TBH I was kind of surprised you didn't eat a Harbor Wave.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah you shoulda hit up the black market because the Elerium research is a bottleneck for a lot of goodies.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

drat Faceoff for Megane, huh? Oh well they can't all be winners I guess and 2/3 ain't bad.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

EMP grenades and bombs also decrease hack defense stats if if that's your thing.

Good call on the Hunt the Hunter covert action, you can just stick that new order in the slot you'll unlock and enjoy ez black market forever.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Holy poo poo you got Sabotage. Well gg, this was a good campaign, you had a lot of close calls but I'm glad you could complete it on such an unfair difficulty level! :v:

VVV drat. Easy come easy go huh?

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 3, 2020

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Well it's not Sabotage but "never get ambushed" is very good too. Ambush missions loving suck and you can send rookies into coverts with impunity. I admire your honestman approach, I woulda legit save-scummed after that kind of crash.
I hope you get more intel soon, that shopping spree left you in a thorny place wrt Avatar counter :(

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You know XCOM2 you're kind of a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Warlock sucks because it's the game asking you "do you have mindshields on all your guys?"
If the answer is 'yes' then you're just left to deal with an annoying as gently caress enemy spawner who spams units. If the answer is 'no', then you get to deal with a boss character who slows grinds you down through attrition.

Also he never shuts up about the loving Elders.