Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Voting Reapers because you're already trying to do this on a PS4 on legendary, why the gently caress are you doing this to yourself.

Also stick me in and hit the random button a bunch of times or whatever tickles your fancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It's not an XCOM2 LP unless FairGame spends 20 minutes on the actual mission and 30 minutes getting the post-mission propaganda posters just right.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The missed shots were rubbish though. That was like a combined 10% chance of all those shots missing.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It's still the FairGame touch: "oh this is a disaster we're gonna wipe," except no one dies.

Just, ah, the barracks is converted into an ICU. Better than a TPK, right?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I promote so I can spend the next week in the infirmary. :xcom:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

An enemy unit that can stealth, incapacitate a unit in a single turn AND create a hostile duplicate in its place? That's patently unfair.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Well gently caress mind control too! These are stupid mechanics.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"they'll never see me coming!" [blows up every car in five mile radius]

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Tuxedo Ted posted:

"Wow, I was worried that joining the resistance would be hard work, but so far this is a breeze!"
"I'm a little concerned that I'm wearing a garland made of Advent Burgers but I'm sure the Commander has a good reason for it!"

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Dead Reckoning posted:

So is The MACHINE named after Brian Wilson's friend, or something else?
The MACHINE is a murderous robot programmed to end life and also play the middle infield with perfect accuracy in the fantasy fantasy baseball league FairGame and I participate in.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I am not sure how the entire Star Trek: Next Gen reunion occurred but it's funny as hell.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"Marla..."
"Yeah?"
"Don't look but there's a giant robot behind you."
"Shhh! Maybe they'll just...go away or something. And don't you mention that weird woman in the hoodie on your right, don't tell me you didn't see her."
"I'm totally honest I didn't because I'm staring past your shoulder at this chick with a blue mohawk, she's fooling no one pretending to hide behind a waist-high box."

[Fifteen seconds later the screaming starts.]

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I mean you did, this was ridiculous. A flawless rating, the closest that you came to losing it was a loving zombie whiffing on the swing next to it.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Munin posted:

End game spoiler. One thing to note is that the Elders aren't doing it for shits and giggles. They are definitely feeling that their back is against the wall and that humans are stupid to prevent them from facing some sort of greater threat. Of course it is difficult to cooperate on that since, A. they never bothered being up front about this whole huge threat thing, and B, in part because of that they behaved and come across as total dicks.
I dunno if this is changed from vanilla XCOM2 but the Elders after the point of no return in the campaign go "yeah let's genocide all humans" which obviously puts to lie any real notion of benevolence.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The only official followup to XCOM2 is the super optimistic world of Chimera Squad, so there's that at least.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Have you considered that XCOM is the REAL racists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Grapplejack posted:

Lol Christ that last pod is the worst thing I've ever seen, 3 spectres and a gatekeeper?? gently caress off!
Ethereal cackles as FairGame reveals the pod on his turn, "let's see you wriggle out of this!"

Two minutes later: "ah well, nonetheless"