Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Communist Thoughts posted:

i wish i had any kind of outdoor area or place in the house exposed to sun. i grow some plants on my window sills but its not really enough

so basically all you garden goons are the 1% and will be up against the fence when the revolution comes

hydroponics is the future, get hip to it. I am laying the foundation to convince my wife that we should be having fresh cheap lettuce year round using lights.

I'm a lifelong gardener, and I finally have a back-yard again. Growing the standards, but I'm experimenting with eggplants this year. I also transplanted some wild garlic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Dustcat posted:

one replanting trick that does work very well is replanting green onions. just leave an inch or two of white stuff on them and stick directly into moist dirt, and they'll take off again. i recently pulled one left over from last fall that had grown to the size of a leek!

As far as (money saved)/effort is concerned I think growing green onions has to be near the top.

Crane Fist posted:

Them shits look horrible, like a bowl of grubs. Feel like they're going to start wriggling any second

These are common, dried, in Turkey and they are delicious but will 100% give you cavities.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
What in the gently caress is eating my eggplants

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
man I went out with a headlamp and a skewer and then followed with beer traps near hotspots; probably took 40 slug-souls with me. I live in a large apartment building and have moved down to the ground floor where I have taken over the garden. In years past, there was a hedgehog on premises, but some people moved in with outside cats so that luxury is now over.