Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL Skirvo
Jun 17, 2006

I think Doctor Thunder is probably the best modeler alive today, I just really love all his work.
My garden currently has mostly basil, abelia, phlox, and some late sunflowers that are still holding on to feed our pollinators. Bees really love the basil and it's super easy to grow all summer. Hummingbirds are getting close to moving on but they still are hitting up their feeder over the abelia bush, which they also enjoy. I moved some garlic chives into one of the beds last year, and the bees also love that when it does finally bloom, but it's giving the basil a run for its money as 'most runaway invasive plant ever". The phlox is pretty much done but it's kept the hummingbird and hummingbird moths busy all summer. We've mostly focused on food plants in the garden this year, but I'd recommend a sunflower like helianthus; also, Stonecrop sedum is a good fall bloomer and pretty low maintenance.

We also have Rose of Sharon and Crape Myrtle ornamentals that bloom pretty much throughout the spring to fall seasons. Unfortunately, both of my crape myrtles are covered with bark scale so I'm gonna have to cut them the hell back to get rid of em. Luckily they only attack the one type of plant, but man they look like crap, little fuzzy mold looking bastards all over the bark.

Also, don't hesitate to get a hummingbird feeder and put some sugar water out for em. You'll likely get a lot traveling ones passing through as they migrate and they need all the energy they can get!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU