Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Tucked away off of a busy street in Houston's East End is a late 19th/early 20th century African-American historical landmark, the Dawson-Lunnon Cemetery.

You can read about its history and later-day caretakers here: https://houstonhistorymagazine.org/2015/03/dawson-lunnon-cemetery/

Entering the cemetery

The former site of Mt. Gilead Missionary Baptist Church, only brick supports and the church steps remain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

graham cracker posted:

this is super interesting and cool lookin, must be spooky at night! thanks for sharing
ive never thought of the place as spooky tbh, just very :unsmith: that people saved what's left adn help preserve it

also wouldnt go at night, but thats becausei hear some folks sleep there

cant find any info on who does maintenance currently, but i intend to go pick up some trash this week

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Tonight's sunset right outside my front door:

beautiful

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is