Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The next patch is a month from now, so you've got a long time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

There's going to be a B patch Wednesday - Mort has mentioned Cho & Prot spat, not sure if Akali is gonna be hit though.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

drat, Stand United (gain X AD / X AP across your team per active trait) reeeeeeal good sometimes. My entire team was 1-star except for the Yordles almost the entire game. When I hit Fiora 2 like 10 games into my win-streak it was all over. Just snowballed from Ziggs/Heimer/Vex 2 and Fiora/Janna/Samira 1 and never lost a round after hitting level 6. Every time you plop in a new champion you're getting that team wide buff from activating a new trait. I've slept on just how good that can be apparently. (Other augments were Binary Airdrop and Item Grab Bag)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Stand united got buffed and I think the silver one is super good, yellow is pretty good, prismatic is pickable.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Just had a game with 3 prismatic augments, it was absolutely wild and I crushed it off the back of mercenary soul as my first pick. Went on a winning spree which gave me a ton of extra gold/items with a very early merc 5.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Tornhelm posted:

There's going to be a B patch Wednesday - Mort has mentioned Cho & Prot spat, not sure if Akali is gonna be hit though.

He mentioned on his early morning stream that Akali was probably getting hit but they needed to confirm with actual data, I don't have a timestamp. Upcomer actually had an interesting article about how they do their live balance: https://www.upcomer.com/the-three-innovators-how-the-tft-live-balance-team-built-patch-11-24/.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Honestly, I think this patch is basically fine outside of protector emblem, ascension, and maybe kogmaw. I've been having a lot of fun. I don't think Akali is a big problem but I also don't mind high variance in terms of how characters perform round to round (I know this drives some people crazy tho).

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

akali is a problem because of how high variance she is, but i do not think she is particularly broken per se

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Is Kog good? Who do I run him with and what items do I put

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gowb posted:

There's a fairly rigid 1/2 cost reroll comp that tries to run him 3* that's very strong (garen/kassadin/caitlyn/kogmaw/graves with some flexibility with later units), you'll probably see it around, people use a lot of different items I often see some combination of up to two giant slayers, rageblade, and a healing item.

Otherwise he fits in any 5 mutant comp totally itemless and puts in work even at 2* naked, you can put shiv on him too. Imo it's not that he's too strong outside of that one reroll comp, but he's a respectable unit now which makes 5 mutant a whole lot stronger (Cho'Gath, Malz, Mundo, Kaisa, and Kog are all just plain good units now).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 13, 2021

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

gowb posted:

I've gotten wrecked by a Kog with rageblade and <insert items here>, but I'm not sure what BIS is. Probably rageblade, archangel's staff, and then giant slayer/hoj/shiv.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea the main Kog comp is protector reroll, but he also fits in great with a Cho'gath frontline in full mutant comp.

His BIS is Rageblade, an AP item like Archangel/Deathcap, and Giantslayer. If you're doing protectors then a protector emblem on him is fantastic as a 3rd item as it will keep him alive against a lot of things.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I'm in low Plat IV and Kog/Mutants is basically a ticket straight to eighth unless you're the one out of the five playing mutants who got lucky on your rolls first. It's extremely popular, especially when Mutes get true damage or scaling on death. Anecdotally I really don't see Akali that much in my games, but I'm sure now that I've typed that things will change.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Akali can really save you at 1 star if you put a tank item on her and have 3 syndicates (not hard with braum and zyra in the game). It's a little unfair how far it gets you, you still need other units but she can do like all your damage. Imo akali 2 is basically an appropriate power level.

When I was in plat half the lobby would force voidborne mutant even before the buffs so I was a little shocked by the cho'gath buff too.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 14, 2021

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Usually I’m burnt out at this point in the season but man this is a really good set. I hope they keep augments.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

This drat set sucked me back in. My free time, ugh.

Nikumatic posted:

I'm in low Plat IV and Kog/Mutants is basically a ticket straight to eighth unless you're the one out of the five playing mutants who got lucky on your rolls first. It's extremely popular, especially when Mutes get true damage or scaling on death. Anecdotally I really don't see Akali that much in my games, but I'm sure now that I've typed that things will change.

Got carried through Plat on Kog and Akali's back. But Akali's been a bit weaker of late for me with Chogath being really popular for my games. I run into the problem of not being able to overcome his massive health pool before he eats all my Assassins. But I haven't had a chance to try out the Syndicate/Socialite team, so maybe that can deal.

Tornhelm posted:

I had a game where I got double prot spat for my first augment. Put it on Darius and I forget who else and it was a winstreak to round 6 with mostly 1 star units. I'm not sure what can break through Darius's shield and heals with a 5 prot bonus before 4 cost units start coming online.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tomorrow's patch:

https://twitter.com/Mortdog/status/1470560484340367365?s=20

I really enjoy this current patch (and am doing well on it!) so I didn't really want changes. They seem ok, the yone thing looks like a big buff but apparently the bug fix is a big nerf to his current state.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Why do game companies always put out a big patch before the holidays. It always winds up broken and unplayable until they come back.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

gowb posted:

Why do game companies always put out a big patch before the holidays. It always winds up broken and unplayable until they come back.

they need 11.24b to fix the problems from 11.24 which fixes the problems from 11.23 which fixes the problems from the beginning of the set

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The meta of this patch so far seems to be rush to 7 and look for Urgot. The last 3 games I played the winner had an Urgot with Rageblade/Hurricane.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kaisa's a little strong, lux is too weak, patch seems fine otherwise. Not sure what the issues might be...

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

i've just been playing either reroll warwick or reroll trundle depending on my shops and items, it's pretty fun since QSS is core on both and they both want a bow item you can kind of slam stuff while you figure the path out

I'm still only plat but it's been good so far!

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

What’s the difference between items for each? QSS, then rage blade/runaans for either, and then….I honestly don’t know what’s third. BT for trundle probably? I got reasonably far with a dragon claw third on Warwick the other day, but it doesn’t seem BIS unless everyone is going yordles or arcanist.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Arcturas posted:

What’s the difference between items for each? QSS, then rage blade/runaans for either, and then….I honestly don’t know what’s third. BT for trundle probably? I got reasonably far with a dragon claw third on Warwick the other day, but it doesn’t seem BIS unless everyone is going yordles or arcanist.

Yeah, Warwick can sustain with just attack speed while Trundle needs BT, but if you get thrill or celestial blessing 3 or something you could probably skip it. I used titans on WW and it went pretty well

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Guinsoo's is pretty good on WW also.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Arcturas posted:

Trundle = Bloodthirster + Hurricane + QSS
Warwick = Shiv + Titans > Rageblade + QSS

Tornhelm fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 18, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I see shiv titans QSS as much or more than anything for WW. I don't like going full 3 star warwick reroll without featherweights though.

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic
I really don't consider reroll comps often enough.
I think I'm playing for first too often and not playing for top 4 enough.

When you are considering rerolling, what point and what considerations do you decide to reroll? Like, I can slam 2 BIS and I have 6 Warwick's natural, now I'm gonna reroll at 6? Earlier or later?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Kaisa colossus is too strong lategame right now. The only way to counter it is with another Kaisa board. Really irritating. I think GA shouldn't let her continue casting after death because it really takes away a lot of potential risk for fielding so few units and a single damaging carry that assassins/arcanists should otherwise counter by diving the backline/piercing the frontline. The aggro reset would be fair enough in itself.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Yeah it’s kind of weird that GA has become a combo piece (Yone and Urgot are the two major offenders but Kaisa too) and it seems like they’re encouraging that with the next patch change

E: to clarify it’s weird because they’ve explicitly disabled interactions in the past like moonlight aphelios turrets with GA

Spokes fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 4, 2022

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

I've never gotten diamond in anything before
:shobon:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

curiousCat posted:

I've never gotten diamond in anything before
:shobon:

nice work!!!!

me too :)

I wanted to try for master this split but I'm going to have to settle for this, I didn't have nearly as much time to play as I thought I would. Excited for the mid-set update.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Double up is pretty fun even with strangers. The wins feel so good. There are people who go super hard on the game mode too, most people in my double up games have played 200+ games of double up and don't even bother with the normal game (not me tho, I'm at 16 and counting). It increasingly deteriorates at higher ranks just because having a lead lets you stack 3 stars extraordinarily quickly. Not sure how to fix it but there's some potential there for sure.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Good, get Talon in the loving bin so I don’t have 4 assassin players in every game like it’s the loving beta set.
https://twitter.com/tft/status/1486102922769297410?s=21

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I got offered silver featherweights as my first augment and I'd never done a featherweight game so I decided to give it a go and try hyper rolling for the first time.

It was moderately effective.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This is hilarious given Mort's stance on this when people were asking for it back in Rise of the Elements was "No, never."
https://twitter.com/TFT/status/1491819271596527616

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Any tips on the new set? I'm still learning to identify the new guys who are all purple and green and ugly. at least Garen is gone.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I am enjoying striker and hextech but I think going for 6/8 of either is a bit of bait. You’re better off running four of either and filling in with the 3/4 cost units you find. Both sivir and irelia feel really good when itemized.

I need to figure out arcanist, I always feel so fragile, even with a qss on vex to keep her in the frontline.

Innovator is a little weird because I’m not finding the classic ice cream cone enchanter comp working as well, but I think you could go for an innovator/assassin comp with kha’zix carry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

augments feel insanely swingy, much more than in set 6. like if you get the right opener you're just winstreaking to 4-2