Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K-Flow
Nov 20, 2004

EGM was always my favorite, always looked forward to those in the mail. Subscribed to them from 04 til about the end of their Ziff Davis days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K-Flow
Nov 20, 2004

Digging this thread up from the dead because I have no where else to state: I now have a complete set of every Expert Gamer magazine (not including when they were called EGM2). Wasn't super into these as a kid but started picking them up the past few years for games I own. This was never my goal but I realized the other day I only needed a few more to complete the set so I went for it. Looking back at these it's extremely impressive what they (and other mags at the time like Tips and Tricks) were able to throw together in a few weeks time of getting a game, beating it multiple times, finding as many secrets as possible, taking screenshots, actually writing the guide, etc. I also find the Ziff Davis publications to be way better designed and written than other mags of the time. They just always had a feeling of being a proper adult publication without as much of the zany gamer stuff I see in other mags, especially now looking back at them as an adult.

While I'm not one to follow a guide directly as I play a game, more so just for a little reference if necessary, I do for some reason like having these magazines to go along with my collection of games. Probably just another excuse to spend more money on this poo poo I don't need.