Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/LiamAStewart/status/1250514776893132809

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I just woke up today to see this and gently caress this disgusting company. I want everyone to get away from them, but not like this. It's heart breaking.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

In fairness you can put the names of everyone released so far together and Goldberg still has more value than them

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rusev is official on WWE.com

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rusev is cool all the time

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

All the freelancers I know including me just got told we'll be sitting on our hands for a while. Same goes for several of the other larger companies I do piece work for, so not really surprised. Dog food copywriting and covid articles are still paying! Thank goodness!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Vince now 3 for 3 on cuck releases

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Happy Rusev Day!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Has all of this been Dan Ryckert's plan to finally go over Braun Strowman and become CEO of WWE?

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Rarity posted:

In fairness you can put the names of everyone released so far together and Goldberg still has more value than them

Brock gets 10 mil a year.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
how do you fire heath slater? HES GOT KIDS

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jiro posted:

Has all of this been Dan Ryckert's plan to finally go over Braun Strowman and become CEO of WWE?

I'm a little worried about him but they'd have to be really loving stupid to downsize the like, one thing they can actually do safely right now, right?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Anyone got a URL for the talk'n shop patreon? Wanna give the Good Brothers a few bucks.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
No more The Shining Stars :smith:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Anyone got a URL for the talk'n shop patreon? Wanna give the Good Brothers a few bucks.

I don't think it's up yet. This is the last they posted:

https://twitter.com/TalknShop/status/1247530099840184321?s=19

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
How much did Vince spaff on the XFL?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Peanut President posted:

how do you fire heath slater? HES GOT KIDS

Quick, snap up this most depressing piece of merchandise before they pull it: https://shop.wwe.com/heath-slater-i-got-kids-t-shirt/116295484.html

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CyberPingu posted:

How much did Vince spaff on the XFL?

Minimum $130 MM, probably over 200 MM.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Minimum $130 MM, probably over 200 MM.

keep going.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
He's a loving Carney.

He's never cared about the talent. As long as it doesn't affect his pocket he doesn't give a poo poo.
He wouldn't cancel Mania as he couldn't claim on insurance if he did it. So he was waiting for Tampa to do it. which they didn't so he moved it to a different location and pre taped it. Putting more people in danger.

He's scum and should have been in jail a long loving time ago (not for this but for other things).

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Deonna Purrazzo gone. Meltzer reports a second wave is coming.

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
Rusev confirmed gone

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
KUSHIDA might be gone jesus

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

This is super loving gross

gently caress McMahon

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is Deonna still dating Marty?

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
I would pay thousands to be a fly on the wall when Vince realized the XFL was dead after like a month due to COVID holy poo poo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

OpenSourceBurger posted:

I would pay thousands to be a fly on the wall when Vince realized the XFL was dead after like a month due to COVID holy poo poo

"Whew, we don't have to admit it was a failure on its own merits."

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Farewell, sweet baby Ru-Ru, and pre-emptive congratulations on your AEW title run and the millions of dollars you'll make in five years when the WWE desperately wants you back.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Not sure if I should be sad that they're out of jobs, or jumping for joy at the fact they've finally been let out of that hellhole.

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
Like.....XFL 2.0 is a legendary case of the worst possible timing.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1250525042254979073?s=20

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, this. I can't remember if it was you that said it previously but that's the thing that's always pissed me off about how XFL dissolved. He has a scapegoat this time as to why it happened, even if we know it was already circling the drain.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Max Coveri posted:

Not sure if I should be sad that they're out of jobs, or jumping for joy at the fact they've finally been let out of that hellhole.
i'm more the former right now because there's no guarantee of work for them for at least year end

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019

It's been posted
https://youtu.be/PnSccAokV3c

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

On one hand, he had a scapegoat to blame (the virus)

On the other hand, he's a loving freak who thinks it's not normal to sneeze and he's absolutely one of the many psychotics this country has who didn't think corona was even a problem to begin with, let alone That big a deal, so. Considering how easily he/the company get spooked: Good chance he got spooked if he had to admit it was a big enough deal the XFL closed over it

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

He's a loving Carney.

He's never cared about the talent. As long as it doesn't affect his pocket he doesn't give a poo poo.
He wouldn't cancel Mania as he couldn't claim on insurance if he did it. So he was waiting for Tampa to do it. which they didn't so he moved it to a different location and pre taped it. Putting more people in danger.

He's scum and should have been in jail a long loving time ago (not for this but for other things).

Bret has always described Vince as the guy who runs racehorses ragged then takes them behind a head and shoots them, and nothing in Vince's life has suggested that this isn't an incredibly accurate metaphor

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

lol

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is Deonna still dating Marty?

no

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
$4M saved when they have more than 120x that in reserve? gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

explosivo posted:

Yeah, this. I can't remember if it was you that said it previously but that's the thing that's always pissed me off about how XFL dissolved. He has a scapegoat this time as to why it happened, even if we know it was already circling the drain.

I mean, there was always going to be a scapegoat. XFL 1.0 only failed because the networks bailed but Vince was totally gonna pull it off in S2! XFL 2.0 failed because of coronavirus but the ratings totally weren't gonna continue to tank against March Madness and they would have somehow turned around and the league would have gotten profitable somehow! Vince is a narcissist and he was always going to blame someone else for his failures. And many of the people who really wanted XFL to succeed did so because they were super devoted to WWE or just really want to believe in the dream of a spring football league so any excuse to believe it could have worked out if things went different was gonna have legs.

Not much you can do. But I always kind of expected the XFL to fail and for there to be some kind of lame excuse as to why. It just so happens that this real terrible thing happened that provided pretty good cover even if it was still just an excuse.

Chris James 2 posted:

On one hand, he had a scapegoat to blame (the virus)

On the other hand, he's a loving freak who thinks it's not normal to sneeze and he's absolutely one of the many psychotics this country has who didn't think corona was even a problem to begin with, let alone That big a deal, so. Considering how easily he/the company get spooked: Good chance he got spooked if he had to admit it was a big enough deal the XFL closed over it

Well the XFL cancelled games after every other sports league did and only after Washington State banned large crowds effectively cancelling the 1/4 of the league's games anyway. Other states followed so the XFL was really just giving in to the inevitable, and doing so later than everyone else besides the WWE and UFC.

And like, shutting down the league over it again, I think is clearly a scapegoat since there's no real reason why they couldn't have just suspended the league and seen how things were next season. They only saved 1 week of pay in their decision (and they weren't paying well). It makes more logical sense that it was just an opportunistic excuse to cancel the experiment when they could blame it on something bigger than their failure.