Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chinesemethdragon
Sep 6, 2009
ultimately i guess they were jobbers or whatever but hawkins ryder and slater still felt like an important part of WWE. hopefully when this poo poo is over they can succeed on the indies; i know hawkins' school is putting out some really great students.

i had a few job interviews with WWE last fall and i don't think i've ever been more glad to not have been offered a job. i hate this company so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Those of you still defending wwe and still saying you don't mind giving money to this company

How does this make you feel

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

chinesemethdragon posted:

ultimately i guess they were jobbers or whatever but hawkins ryder and slater still felt like an important part of WWE. hopefully when this poo poo is over they can succeed on the indies; i know hawkins' school is putting out some really great students.

i had a few job interviews with WWE last fall and i don't think i've ever been more glad to not have been offered a job. i hate this company so much

I didn't realize Slater had been there for 16 fuckin years

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Those of you still defending wwe and still saying you don't mind giving money to this company

How does this make you feel

should have gave more so they didnt have to fire drake maverick

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MotU posted:

should have gave more so they didnt have to fire drake maverick

lol

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm going to spit on anyone that still will support the wwe

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
does Deonna have a restraining order against Rovert or will she get one before she starts wrestling overseas again

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Wait until the pandemic is over so you wont be spitting in your own mask

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I think some of the talent released today are absolutely going to be rehired by WWE in 2021

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
I like old wwe stuff so I'll still have the network eh

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Wait until the pandemic is over so you wont be spitting in your own mask

I'm taking off the mask

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

OpenSourceBurger posted:

I'm going to spit on you

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Did Drake ever get to consummate the marriage?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
These people are gonna make so much money in Japan in a couple months

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

OpenSourceBurger posted:

deeply pathetic! reexamine your life!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As sad as it is when anyone loses their job especially at a time like this my lasting impression is what a completely trivial drop in the bucket the list of names are for WWE's finances or state of anything and how there was absolutely no reason to do this at this time except to reassure terrible idiots concerned with their stock numbers.

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I'm going to spit on you

Tajiri or HHH spit?

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

OpenSourceBurger posted:

it's all pretty much on dailymotion or shady russian sites, save your money

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019

Do not even ask posted:

it's all pretty much on dailymotion or shady russian sites, save your money

I dont wanna use those though.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I hope Slater finds a good home elsewhere. He's a fantastic comedic performer, but I feel like WWE forget that he can totally go in the ring as well. Hopefully whatever promoter he ends up with next will let him do a bit of both. :pray:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

OpenSourceBurger posted:

I dont wanna use those though.

Ngl you and the cowards who feel the same way but won't speak up deserve to be spit on

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Tony hire Slater Baybeee and have him go 0-100 against Orange Cassidy

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Ngl you and the cowards who feel the same way but won't speak up deserve to be spit on

I just wanna grill and watch wrestling dude

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JordanKai posted:

I hope Slater finds a good home elsewhere. He's a fantastic comedic performer, but I feel like WWE forget that he can totally go in the ring as well. Hopefully whatever promoter he ends up with next will let him do a bit of both. :pray:

Workers like Slater are valuable. They're good enough to walk lesser talent through stuff, and egoless enough to not care about doing jobs or looking silly.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
Is there anyone on this list that we absolutely can't see going elsewhere? Like I'm thinking Zack Ryder just sits by the phone waiting for vince to call him back, and Chioda I feel like retires after 31 years of being a ref for WWE

Edit: my thoughts with Ryder is that he always seemed to be more of a fan of WWE than pro wrestling as a whole

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Workers like Slater are valuable. They're good enough to walk lesser talent through stuff, and egoless enough to not care about doing jobs or looking silly.

Slater’s one of those dudes that I think would be a fantastic wrestling trainer.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Brokenogre posted:

Is there anyone on this list that we absolutely can't see going elsewhere? Like I'm thinking Zack Ryder just sits by the phone waiting for vince to call him back, and Chioda I feel like retires after 31 years of being a ref for WWE

Edit: my thoughts with Ryder is that he always seemed to be more of a fan of WWE than pro wrestling as a whole

Ryder's insanely cool wrestling toy collection is cross-promotional so I'd argue he definitely appreciates wrestling across a spectrum rather than just being a 'WWE guy'

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
If R-Truth and Dana survive these next 24 hours, I expect—nay, demand—a mixed tag titles belt for them.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Is Dana actually dating Batista? Because I can see them not wanting to piss him off.

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
Vince: Now is a perfect time to bring back the WBF!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Molestationary Store posted:

Brock gets 10 mil a year.

Brock is just paid near his worth. The wwe has always underpaid wrestlers. Even in the era of the bloated roster what they spend on payroll is gently caress all.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

History Comes Inside! posted:

Ryder's insanely cool wrestling toy collection is cross-promotional so I'd argue he definitely appreciates wrestling across a spectrum rather than just being a 'WWE guy'

Eh, I've never seen Ryder's toy collection I can only go off of the opinion ive gotten of the guy from interviews where he seems to toe the wwe line very heavily from what ive seen

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Drake crying about being released from WWE while wearing a WWE shirt is lol. Property of WWE through and through.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
maybe if Drake Maverick wins this tournament, they'll give him his job back

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/TheNormanSmiley/status/1250551846411927552?s=20

he no longer does most of the training :smith:

e: apparently this is a fake account so he may still be doing most of the training :unsmith:

Abroham Lincoln fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 16, 2020

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://mobile.twitter.com/KassiusOhno/status/1250558730342674433

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/RealMJJenkins_/status/1250559420158918661

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So I guess that confirms that there definitely more releases coming and they're just waiting to announce them.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
MJ was released along with Deonna, a ring announcer/that guy that rapped Adam Cole to the ring one time, and a very tall, buff, and handsome dude named Aleksandar. I'm sure there are other lower roster/largo loop or PC only people that got released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Phew, those writers gonna be glad that girl is finally out of the writing room.