Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I was given propofol (IV anesthetic) twice. Once for upper/lower endoscopy (they put a camera tube down your throat, then up your butt; hopefully in that order), and once for getting my wisdom teeth pulled. I knew ahead of time what they were using and googled the effects. Was curious if it was as strong as people said. Both times, I barely managed to say "wow, that's fast..." before blacking out completely. It is amazingly fast acting, even if you are expecting it.

When I woke up from surgery I did not feel groggy, really. I could understand people talking to me, and respond by nodding yes or no. They made me take a wheelchair instead of walking out. I was thinking to myself "I'm fine, I don't need this!"

By the time I reached the car and had tried to speak to my family, I realized that I was still extremely hosed up and absolutely needed to be wheeled out to the parking lot. I didn't say anything funny or weird, I could formulate a response (in my head) to someone talking to me, but my mouth (really, my whole meat-body) was still on vacation from the anesthesia.

That poo poo is a wonder of modern medicine.

I had surgery to remove a lymph node on my neck 25 years ago and I still recall the seconds before I went under as being the most pleasurable of my life. What was that? I had time to say, "Maaan this feels great," or smth like that before lights out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU