Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
gently caress. Looks like I lose Mahomes and Tyreek for the final game. Thankfully I’m up by 49 points. Guess I’ll start... Mr. Biscuits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
2 leagues, 2 finals, 1 championship, my first ever!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am like the worst fantasy football player if you factor in championships. I make the playoffs in almost every league almost every year, and then I never win. My last championship that I can recall was 2014, and I have been in at least 3 leagues per year since then and made the playoffs probably 75% of the time. This year I had a finals loss and two quarter finals losses.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 30, 2020

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Pain of Mind posted:

I am like the worst fantasy football player if you factor in championships. I make the playoffs in almost every league almost every year, and then I never win. My last championship that I can recall was 2014, and I have been in at least 3 leagues per year since then and made they playoffs probably 75% of the time. This year I had a finals loss and two quarter finals losses.

I think this means you're good, you're the Oakland A's of fantasy football!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Popero posted:

I think this means you're good, you're the Oakland A's of fantasy football!

Maybe when it comes to number of fans.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Congrats on all the championships!

It was a good year for my fantasy teams.

Won the championship in my home redraft league that’s been running for 10 years, my first win since 2013. Thanks Josh Allen, Kamara, Ridley,and JT!

Made one other championship, in the home dynasty league I commish, but ended up losing after Diggs’ big night. One of these years that trophy is mine!

Made the playoffs but exited early in two other dynasty leagues, and barely missed the playoffs in the other two dynasty leagues, but the future is bright in all 4.

Can’t wait until combine/NFL draft/rookie draft season gets going in a few months!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Pain of Mind posted:

I am like the worst fantasy football player if you factor in championships. I make the playoffs in almost every league almost every year, and then I never win. My last championship that I can recall was 2014, and I have been in at least 3 leagues per year since then and made the playoffs probably 75% of the time. This year I had a finals loss and two quarter finals losses.

The true judge of how good you are at fantasy football is percentage of playoffs made, not championships. Championships are a crapshoot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Sataere posted:

The true judge of how good you are at fantasy football is percentage of playoffs made, not championships. Championships are a crapshoot.

sounds like a man who lost to andy dalton in the finals last year

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sataere posted:

You should see my room full of participant ribbons!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

sounds like a man who lost to andy dalton in the finals last year

:argh:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

i previously posted about my montgomery for cmc trade, which went through despite some protestations. that ended up sucking rear end fofr me which is why vetoing trades is dumb, cuz maybe the guy it looks like is losing is actually winning. not to mention the guy who accepted it could not have waited around for cmc and still made the playoffs (which he did make)

but i won my league for the first time :D with cmc and julio jones on the bench. there's a trophy that my name will be engraved on and everything. funny thing is despite scoring 200 in the finals i scored sub-100 in the bye week, thank goodness i eanred that bye!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Fast Luck posted:

i previously posted about my montgomery for cmc trade, which went through despite some protestations. that ended up sucking rear end fofr me which is why vetoing trades is dumb, cuz maybe the guy it looks like is losing is actually winning. not to mention the guy who accepted it could not have waited around for cmc and still made the playoffs (which he did make)

but i won my league for the first time :D with cmc and julio jones on the bench. there's a trophy that my name will be engraved on and everything. funny thing is despite scoring 200 in the finals i scored sub-100 in the bye week, thank goodness i eanred that bye!

Awesome! Also agreed about trade vetoes being dumb

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Dynasty roster question

Would you rather keep Preston Williams, Logan Thomas, or Tim Patrick?

I'm leaning Preston, but would have to drop someone to bring him off IR. Leaning Logan Thomas, not sure the old man can repeat, and even if he does I could probably scoop him up for cheap (again)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Preston Williams for sure

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Darwin sightings!!!

Get on the train early guys trust me

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

Darwin sightings!!!

Get on the train early guys trust me

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Without kiimo I wouldn't have drafted mahomes in dynasty. Kiimo has a forever pass in my book

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
If I get first pick next year I'm taking Henry regardless of his ADP.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

freeman posted:

If I get first pick next year I'm taking Henry regardless of his ADP.

Ruggs or Hunter?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Spermy Smurf posted:

Ruggs or Hunter?

lol

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

12 man PPR dynasty league. I just won our title so I’m still in win now mode, but I have to get younger (Julio and Kelce are two key guys for me plus Dalvin Cook and Henry who have only god knows how much in the tank).

Would you trade Odell and a sweetener or two for Jerry Jeudy?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Does Beckham have that sort of value? Generally, I'd think if you can move him for a young talented receiver you do.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Goddamn, time moves fast in fantasy football.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Part of that is probably since Beckham missed the last couple months where the Browns were playing better, so maybe he would have been too? Or maybe they just didn't need him to play well enough to make the playoffs. I dunno. Maybe I'm unduly down on him.

So I checked, and it's been since september of 2019 that Beckham had a game to compare to the one Jeudy had last week. Injuries, Browns, me comparing OBJ to Jeudy's best game, but I'd go Jeudy in Dynasty.

Ben Nevis fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 8, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ty1990 posted:

12 man PPR dynasty league. I just won our title so I’m still in win now mode, but I have to get younger (Julio and Kelce are two key guys for me plus Dalvin Cook and Henry who have only god knows how much in the tank).

Would you trade Odell and a sweetener or two for Jerry Jeudy?

You absolutely trade Beckham for Juedy, but it’s going to have to be a serious sweetener or two to get him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'd buy low on Beckham anywhere I could (talking like a 2nd round pick or two) and sell high on Jeudy, if I could get back close to what he cost to draft, like early/mid 1st. Lock sucks and Sutton is back next year, I expect short term at least Jeudy's value will probably drop. Still, if the sweeteners aren't too much, I'd happily swap Beckham for him. But I'm still annoyed I took Jeudy over Lamb where I could -___-

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

sourdough posted:

I'd buy low on Beckham anywhere I could (talking like a 2nd round pick or two) and sell high on Jeudy, if I could get back close to what he cost to draft, like early/mid 1st. Lock sucks and Sutton is back next year, I expect short term at least Jeudy's value will probably drop. Still, if the sweeteners aren't too much, I'd happily swap Beckham for him. But I'm still annoyed I took Jeudy over Lamb where I could -___-

I mean, you only have yourself to blame there. Lamb was a clear top three guy.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Jeudy was the route runner technician, Lamb was the physical freak going to a crowded WR corps :shrug: Everyone had them interchangeable so whatever.

I'm just glad all the RBs look promising, I took Akers and Dobbins ahead of either of them (and Burrow in 2 QB).

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

sourdough posted:

Jeudy was the route runner technician, Lamb was the physical freak going to a crowded WR corps :shrug: Everyone had them interchangeable so whatever.

I'm just glad all the RBs look promising, I took Akers and Dobbins ahead of either of them (and Burrow in 2 QB).

I had Lamb right after CEH and Taylor. That was the clear-cut tier 1 of this class to me. (I'd out Burrow there for a 2QB league, but I'm not in a dynasty 2QB league... yet)

I got lucky in my league with having the 7th pick and Swift fell to me. He was the last guy in my tier 2 class and early returns look like he might be the best of that tier 2 group.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea Lamb was the undisputed WR1 in this years draft. I had the first and second overall picks in my rookie draft and I took CEH and Taylor. Really wish I took Taylor and Lamb instead.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My redraft league does a playoff only thing where you draft players in the actual playoffs. Points only for scores. 6 points for a TD by your WR or RB or TE or thrown by your QB, kicker gets you 3 for a FG and 1 for an XP kick

No roster moves, that’s your roster and once a team is eliminated there goes that dude on your roster. 1 QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 1 K

My draft

Roethlisberger
Tyreek Hill
Jarvis Landry
DJ Moore
Derrick Henry
David Montgomery
Gronk
Matt Gay

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I have some bad news about DJ Moore

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Thanks guys. It ended up being Odell and Tonyan for Jeudy and a mid round pick.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

Yea Lamb was the undisputed WR1 in this years draft. I had the first and second overall picks in my rookie draft and I took CEH and Taylor. Really wish I took Taylor and Lamb instead.

CEH is still gonna be great. He was the scrimmage yards leader for a large portion of the season. He just didn't get touchdowns.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Gobias Ind. posted:

I have some bad news about DJ Moore

Whoops meant David Moore

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea he’s certainly not a bust, but the dude just cannot score on the goal line for the life of him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He had the same number of touchdowns as Derrick Henry his rookie year

edit before anyone says i'm comparing two running backs who could not be less alike the only subtext here is don't rely on number of touchdowns from a RB's rookie season to decide how good he's gonna be. The guy showed a lot of tools and ability to make people miss and I think the goalline performances are an anomaly personally. The line was also dogshit this season

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 10, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Henry did not do anything for his first 2.75 years. Source: Me drafting him as a rookie in a 3 year keeper league.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Henry did not do anything for his first 2.75 years. Source: Me drafting him as a rookie in a 3 year keeper league.

That’s not true. He made DeMarco Murray a massive loving headache for a season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

dkj posted:

That’s not true. He made DeMarco Murray a massive loving headache for a season.

Holy poo poo, it is nuts to think that DeMarco Murray was still a thing like four years ago. It feels like ages since I've thought of him. The life of an NFL running back