Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Teemu Pokemon posted:

So Yahoo is adding fractional scoring for FGs which would be awesome but they are only letting you choose between static scores for each range, or a straight up point per yard scoring. Which appears to mean that every field goal under 30 yards will be worth less than 3 points lmao

I found a work around for this. Don’t have kickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD

ares posted:

Anyone got any hot rookie takes?

I am in dire need of a rb and I have picks 1.08, 1.12, 2.02, and 2.03. I also own RoJo, but I am not in love with Vaungh. Chances are he will be gone before the 1.12 because my league hordes RBs (because of that I’m sure Akers won’t drop to the 1.08 either).

I’m also really stuck on who the draft out of Reagor, Ruggs, and Jefferson, but I am leaning Jefferson due to his likely safe floor.

Any chance you can package some picks to trade up?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Teemu Pokemon posted:

So Yahoo is adding fractional scoring for FGs which would be awesome but they are only letting you choose between static scores for each range, or a straight up point per yard scoring. Which appears to mean that every field goal under 30 yards will be worth less than 3 points lmao

Hell yeah I've been begging for per yard scoring for years. Ideally you could make a 3 point minimum but I'll take this over nothing.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Drunk Nerds posted:

Football Absurdity writers' room mock draft needs a few more to fill it out
https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/561991219465781248

Write up a little blurb about each of your picks for the site

Nice, what's the payscale

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

ares posted:

I am in dire need of a rb and I have picks 1.08, 1.12, 2.02, and 2.03. I also own RoJo, but I am not in love with Vaungh. Chances are he will be gone before the 1.12 because my league hordes RBs (because of that I’m sure Akers won’t drop to the 1.08 either).

I’m also really stuck on who the draft out of Reagor, Ruggs, and Jefferson, but I am leaning Jefferson due to his likely safe floor.

Well if you stay put going by fantasy pro's adp thing I'd be looking at Moss over Vaughn in a heartbeat. Arians doesn't particularly love rb's in the first place either. Akers could be there at 8 and he has my attention despite the crowded backfield. Darynton Evans could be an interesting later round pickup as he's a great compliment to Henry. DJ Dallas could be interesting there as well if only because Seattle.

Disclaimer: It's May and my opinions are subject to change by August.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 10, 2020

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ares posted:

CEH is overrated. He'll get 4 catches for 40 yards every now and then and will probably be solidly behind Murray in the pecking order. Taylors going to steal Macks carries outright because he's used to running through giant holes at top speed. Dobbins lost in the wash. Swift will probably also not get enough touches to be worth it. That was a BPA pick and Johnson isn't a bad RB at all. Scarbough will also eat into the touches. Akers is super talented and got screwed over by a lovely o-line. He'll probably grab the Rams reins and keep them all year. Vaughn is the same guy as Ronald Jones and I doubt they'll use him much more than a rotational guy unless he suddenly emerges as a great pass protector. Joshua Kelley has a real chance to steal Ekeler's job. Not a world class athlete but he breaks tackles better than most people in this class.

Ruggs isn't Vegas' Z receiver and will probably be moved around a lot which doesn't bode well for production. He's in a good position with Jeudy for shoot out games against lovely AFC West defenses though. Drew Locks a good QB he'll get Jeudy the ball enough. Reagors super underrated lining up outside and will probably steal snaps from Jeffery. Jeffery and Jackson will both get injured a ton too so Reagors my sleeper pick for legit WR1 status. Lamb will steal Gallups job but he's still got a lot of targets to compete against for production. Bright side is McCarthy will use every WR possible til they're broken shells. Jefferson is a great deep ball WR and Kirk Cousins can't throw a deep ball so figure that one out. He's sliding into Diggs' spot who was much quicker and precise on his routes so expect a downgrade. Tee Higgins is AJ Green insurance. He won't crack the starting lineup especially because Tate and Boyd are underrated as all hell due to playing in Cincinatti. If Ross and Green go down again though he'll easily slide into the Z and put up big numbers though since Tate and Boyd are pretty much stuck in the X and Y respectively. Pittmans going to feast but I have no idea how good Rivers' arm still is. He'll find him constantly it's just the question if he'll get the ball to him. Shenaults stuck behind a ton of better options, doubt he breaks through anytime soon and was also a BPA pick. Mims isn't that good but he has no competition. He should put up solid numbers just by having no other options outside of Crowder. Bryan Edwards has a chance to steal a position outright because of his sideline ability and Carr's love of throwing to the sidelines. Chase Claypool is interesting since he's their first big target WR in a while. Ben loves big guys that break through seams. Aiyuks a great after the catch guy and has underrated strength at the line and against CBs. I'm an ASU homer so I'm pretty sure he'll pop off. I just don't know how many targets he's going to get because Deebos super underrated and Kittle is the second option on every single route. KJ Hamler will be great in PPR leagues and will hopefully be the dump off option.

Phobeste posted:

Nice, what's the payscale

lmao

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
CEH solidly behind Damien Williams is extremely triggering.

Also Kelley is an amazing tackle breaker but his lack of top end speed has me wondering if he's going to do more than put Justin Jackson on the back burner.

I agree about Cam Akers. People are all up in their feelings about Darrell Henderson and Malcolm Brown which feels borderline nonsensical when those guys are put up against Akers.

What makes you say Mims isn't all that good? I liked what I saw from him at school. I'm working on my college -> pros evaluation so I'm curious there.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Big 12 defenses and never faced press coverage. Not a route runner, just relies on burning. Can't catch in traffic either. If Jeudy can't then he definitely can't. I do think he's underrated in agility because when he wants to he puts on moves so it might be an effort thing. Athletically there but he's not in the Chiefs offense.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Makes a lot of sense, thanks

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Reminder the Chiefs had the choice of all the running backs and took CEH because he fit their offense the best. They also plan to use him as a slot receiver when Damien is also in to pass protect. Kareem Hunt wasn't supposed to start either and put up 246 yards and 3 touchdowns in his first NFL game. Just sayin

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Any thoughts on AJ Dillon, y'all? There's a few rookies out there going in the 2nd round for Dynasty rookie drafts and he's one of the guys I just... don't know what to make of. He seemed a decent prospect but wtf is GB's plan with these picks? He's usually there at my 2nd round pick but after Moss is gone... I normally end up going WR or grabbing Josh Kelley if he's there but the late 2nd/early 3rd has some interesting guys in these early drafts.

ares
Feb 5, 2004
i'm here for the gangbang
Thanks for the takes! Only reasonable guy in my league would do the 1.06 for my two firsts, but that seems like a pretty big overpay to move up 2 spots. I’m going to do more digging into Reagor now!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Amergin posted:

Any thoughts on AJ Dillon, y'all? There's a few rookies out there going in the 2nd round for Dynasty rookie drafts and he's one of the guys I just... don't know what to make of. He seemed a decent prospect but wtf is GB's plan with these picks? He's usually there at my 2nd round pick but after Moss is gone... I normally end up going WR or grabbing Josh Kelley if he's there but the late 2nd/early 3rd has some interesting guys in these early drafts.

Aaron Jones is an unrestricted FA after this year, and even with Jones' awesome season last year, Jamaal Williams still managed to be like a back end RB3. I wouldn't expect much from Dillon this year, but he's definitely someone I'm looking to stash. If Jones stays in GB, carries could be split such that Dillon eould be a good handcuff + low end RB2/high RB3, and if Jones leaves, you'd have to imagine Dillon will get a good chance at being lead back.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

kiimo posted:

Reminder the Chiefs had the choice of all the running backs and took CEH because he fit their offense the best. They also plan to use him as a slot receiver when Damien is also in to pass protect. Kareem Hunt wasn't supposed to start either and put up 246 yards and 3 touchdowns in his first NFL game. Just sayin

So you’re saying a string of season ending injuries needs to happen for CEH to be relevant. Check

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nah I'm saying Damien Williams is the starter and it won't matter. Dude had 498 yards last season and it was easily his best.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I typoed in that post about CEH it should be solidly behind Williams but the point still stands he probably won't see as much usage as other backs right away.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

Nah I'm saying Damien Williams is the starter and it won't matter. Dude had 498 yards last season and it was easily his best.

Darwin Thompson, you say? I’m surprised you’re going with him again but he’s a beast so, ok!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Never trust kiimo

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Never trust kiimo

Should be the actual thread title.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

KIIMO :argh:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Who was the rookie KC running back last season this forum dubbed the next Walter Payton?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

jabro posted:

Who was the rookie KC running back last season this forum dubbed the next Walter Payton?

Christine Michael

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Darwin Thompson

kiimo did have me throw a late pick at Pat Mahomes in a league a couple years ago so he giveth and taketh away

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

jabro posted:

At the behest of Kiimo's campaigning we jumped on the Darwin Thompson train.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I still have Darwin on my taxi squad. Holding out hope.

And I also drafted Mahomes as a taxi squad stash his rookie year thanks to kiimo.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If you don't normally listen to CBS's Fantasy Football Today Podcast, they are providing some fun offseason content: Fantasy Football Yesterday

Monday was best fantasy performers (since 1997)
Tuesday was Fantasy Mount Rushmore for each position
Today is Biggest Breakouts and One-Year Wonders.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 13, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

If you don't normally listen to CBS's Fantasy Football Today Podcast, they are providing some fun offseason content: Fantasy Football Yesterday

Monday was best fantasy performers (since 1997)
Tuesday was Fantasy Mount Rushmore for each position
Today is Biggest Breakouts and One-Year Wonders.

Jonas Gray

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

haha yeah I oversold Darwin to you guys. That's uh, my bad. But he was a 6th round pick and CEH is a first and these are different times.

edit: I'm the Red Woman. Darwin is Stannis. CEH is Jon Snow.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 13, 2020

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

haha yeah I oversold Darwin to you guys. That's uh, my bad. But he was a 6th round pick and CEH is a first and these are different times.

edit: I'm the Red Woman. Darwin is Stannis. CEH is Jon Snow.

Who’s Marlon Mack?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Football Absurdity writers' room mock draft needs a few more to fill it out
https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/561991219465781248

Write up a little blurb about each of your picks for the site

1.2 Barkley seems like the easy pick at 2.
2.11 Amari Cooper - I debated a bit between him and Cooper Kupp. I was pretty ambivalent here, ultimately went Amari. I feel like he's god a pretty solid team around him and should benefit. Did not consider Hilton because I feel like I've been hosed by him the last 2 years in various leagues. Unless he falls a lot, he's pretty much off my board. Really wanted Golladay here, but there was no chance he made it past DN.
3.2 Miles Sanders - Kupp was still on the board, but I really felt like I'd have better WR than RB at 4, so grabbed Sanders, who was my favorite of the Sanders, Gordon, Carson trio that went in a mini-run here. He got 1300 yards last year and didn't start the season as the starter. I'm happy to have him
4.11 Deebo Samuel - I wanted Chark, but he was sniped by 1. Still, not unhappy with Deebo. Hopefully he can continue his hot streak from the end of last year. I feel like I should have a Whip It! joke here, but whatever.
5.2 David Montgomery because if Mitch was my QB, I'd run Montgomery into the ground.
6.11 AJ Green hasn't exactly paid off recently, but whatever. If he hits, it'd be great as WR3, and if he doesn't I don't feel like this is too wasted. Would have happily taken McLaurin and Kirk, who went 6.9 and 6.10, but I'll make it. Would have also considered some of the TEs who came off this round.
7.2 - Marquise Brown - Promising dude who's year 1 was derailed by a bum foot. Hopefully that's been fixed by now. And I get a piece of the Ravens offense, just in case.
8.11 - Damien Williams - Really debated between him and Howard. Also a QB, but there were so many reasonable choices out there at QB left I decided to wait. Also TE, Ultimately, I'm pretty sure I misclicked and meant to grab Howard.
9.2 - This is the year Will Fuller stays healthy. Also considered Breida (but I just took a RB and with the Green/Brown turn last time, I felt like a third dart throw for WR3 was worthwhile) and Slayton, Samuel and Anderson. You know, looking back, I might ought to have given Slayton another look.
10.11 Finally a QB. I got Matt Ryan, who looks to finish out the decade with a 10th season over 4k yards. I'm fine with it. They're going to throw and have Julio so I feel good.
11.2 Man, TE got thin here. Hockenson is a guy who had a couple good games. Does he take a leap forward? I dunno. I just have to fill these roster spots.
12.11 Preston Williams, another WR with a bum foot. I got a type. I had Anthony Gibbons queued up here, but he went at 12.1
13.2 Oh right, defense. Rams because I like Donald.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thanks! I will hit you up in Discord for your social media info.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

So apparently the dynasty league I just joined has the draft starting tomorrow. Are there any resources (I used beersheets almost exclusively in my other league) to help a guy who's never been in a dynasty league before and was not expecting such a ridiculously early draft?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

So apparently the dynasty league I just joined has the draft starting tomorrow. Are there any resources (I used beersheets almost exclusively in my other league) to help a guy who's never been in a dynasty league before and was not expecting such a ridiculously early draft?

Lol this is late, almost all my dynasty leagues have drafted! With this short notice, just go by fantasy pros dynasty rankings, unless it’s super flex or some other variant.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MakaVillian posted:

Hit up fantasypros dynasty rankings and dynastyleaguefootball, they are the S tier dyno resources

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 3, 2020

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

MakaVillian posted:

Goddamn. Welcome to the deep end my dude. Are they going to slow draft at least? Is this a new league or just a rookie draft? If you've got the time to spare read up on any draft profiles you can.

Resources
https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/dynasty-rookie-rankings/ (if you feel like dropping 5$ you'll get their full rankings list)
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/rookies.php (totally free just update who they're using for the ADP calculations)
https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/ (draft profiles)
https://thedraftnetwork.com/trackers/2020-prospect-rankings (Draft profiles)

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Thanks guys. Yes it's a slow draft, also superflex which is fun.

Also lucked out with the first overall. Already had an offer to trade that for 2nd overall and their 3rd rounder. I countered with 2nd overall and their 2nd rounder.

:love: SA

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 3, 2020

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

Thanks guys. Yes it's a slow draft, also superflex which is fun.

Also lucked out with the first overall. Already had an offer to trade that for 2nd overall and their 3rd rounder. I countered with 2nd overall and their 2nd rounder.

:love: SA

Too greedy, that was a mash for their 1.02 + 3.02. Regardless, if it’s 12 or more teams, get you Mahomes. If it’s 10 or fewer, I guess take Saquon or CMC, but be sad when they’re washed up in 3 years. I’m always in favor of stud QB in the first in superflex, it protects you from QB runs catching you later and is still fine value even if people let QBs drop further than their adp.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

sourdough posted:

Too greedy, that was a mash for their 1.02 + 3.02. Regardless, if it’s 12 or more teams, get you Mahomes. If it’s 10 or fewer, I guess take Saquon or CMC, but be sad when they’re washed up in 3 years. I’m always in favor of stud QB in the first in superflex, it protects you from QB runs catching you later and is still fine value even if people let QBs drop further than their adp.

I'm not too worried about the trade, he's a trade junkie and will absolutely accept or repeat his original offer.

Thanks for the draft advice, I was going to take CMC or Saquon (12 team) but the dynasty rankings I've seen and now you have definitely got me thinking.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Since this thread is getting a bit of activity I figured I'd post some of my thoughts along the same lines.

I have a startup dynasty draft Saturday and have never done a dynasty draft before. I've been listening to a bunch of podcasts from the first post to kind of prepare (CBS ff, fantasy footballers, 4for4, the audible). My biggest takeaway has been that you want players who are going to provide value for as long as possible. So Michael Gallup at 24 years old has a bit more value even though he'll be in a crowded situation this year.

I think it might also help to think about what you want your strategy to be in the draft. I've been thinking I may lean more towards established players and try to go for a win this year or next and trust myself to repair my team and get younger after that window. I'm going to do this because I think a good portion of my league will probably be going too far in the opposite direction and be extremely focused on the younger players.

I draft 7 out of 12 and I'm hoping for one of the top 5 rb's or Michael Thomas. We're in Wisconsin so it's possible Davante Adams goes too early. I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get an rb or thas. I guess tyreek hill. Then pick 18 almost has to be a rb like Derrick Henry, miles Sanders or Josh jacobs or one of the rookies. I might just let round 3 come to me, whoever is the best value and then 4 I'm hoping for someone older to fall a Julio or Kelce/Kittle maybe? Those would all be pretty big falls based on production but they're older so I think it may happen in my league.

Sorry for rambling this helped me solidify some of my thoughts. Take from it what you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Artonos posted:

Since this thread is getting a bit of activity I figured I'd post some of my thoughts along the same lines.

I have a startup dynasty draft Saturday and have never done a dynasty draft before. I've been listening to a bunch of podcasts from the first post to kind of prepare (CBS ff, fantasy footballers, 4for4, the audible). My biggest takeaway has been that you want players who are going to provide value for as long as possible. So Michael Gallup at 24 years old has a bit more value even though he'll be in a crowded situation this year.

I think it might also help to think about what you want your strategy to be in the draft. I've been thinking I may lean more towards established players and try to go for a win this year or next and trust myself to repair my team and get younger after that window. I'm going to do this because I think a good portion of my league will probably be going too far in the opposite direction and be extremely focused on the younger players.

I draft 7 out of 12 and I'm hoping for one of the top 5 rb's or Michael Thomas. We're in Wisconsin so it's possible Davante Adams goes too early. I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get an rb or thas. I guess tyreek hill. Then pick 18 almost has to be a rb like Derrick Henry, miles Sanders or Josh jacobs or one of the rookies. I might just let round 3 come to me, whoever is the best value and then 4 I'm hoping for someone older to fall a Julio or Kelce/Kittle maybe? Those would all be pretty big falls based on production but they're older so I think it may happen in my league.

Sorry for rambling this helped me solidify some of my thoughts. Take from it what you can.

I honestly don't see any of that happening so get a plan b.

Edit: I guess I should add some value. Plan it around the players that are actually going near those slots. Everyone thinks their friend league is totally different but it's not. They all have the same cheat sheet from Google and going off that. You might have 1 or 2 that are late adds which are people who never played Fantasy so homer all the picks but don't base your draft around it.

jabro fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 3, 2020