Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
If we're sharing DVLA stories, I had to phone a random department there once and the Ann Robinson sounding computer voice breezily informed me that "All of our 167 operators are currently busy. Goodbye." before hanging up. Apparently there was no queue, you just had to get lucky that someone was available? :confused:

Almost as bad as my old old insurance company's phone tree that didn't understand the phonetic alphabet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

InitialDave posted:

Blimey, I don't think I've heard "fairy" used in that sense in decades! If Blacknose is a bit younger than me it's entirely possible he's never heard it used that way at all.

I dunno, I call my boyfriend that all the time. :v: On the other hand it's been forever since I unironically heard "blimey".

Between this and CSB's renovation thread I have a serious desire to build something for mountain bike holidays. I've always hated the idea of a full-blown camper but "bike van ++" is looking more and more attractive as a way to actually go out and do stuff in hell world 2020.