Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Awesome, if it's not too late now is the perfect time to pressure wash the interior. Didn't know they galvanized these, honestly surprising as other makes seem to treat theirs as entirely disposable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Please tell me you lined the panels up after that shot, right?

Right?

Phew, last picture didn't load right away. Good job.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

How deep is the void over the back door? Looks prime for a bungee-cord-fronted loose storage pocket.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Even an inch of depth with some elastic mesh across the front will be a great place to tuck a book, torch, whatever. Looking good, how are you planning on finishing the t&g?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Blacknose posted:

I have one ready to go in the sliding door. Probably going to pay someone to do it although lock down has that on hold. Just not quite feeling confident doing it myself.

I'd love to stick a porthole on one of the back doors too but I've really struggled to find one that's suitable and not super expensive.

Cut a round hole and bang a washing machine door on it job done. :colbert:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mmm, knotty.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm reading that as: easily removable strips of vinyl fitted for the inspection and peeled off pretty much immediately.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

It's not ideal but as long as you're not relying on your gas below 5°c you might never notice. Personally I'd change it and use propane, it's a one off cost and you'll never see a problem Vs might have a problem at the least convenient time.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

The fairy lights make it magical :allears:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Butt the worktop up against the back wall, front straight. You'll have anywhere from let's say 0-25mm of gap at the back. Let's say you want the finished depth to be 50mm further back than it is, set your compass to 50mm, scribe along the back, you'll have a line taking off between 25 and 50mm. Cut that off and it should side 50mm back with only a mm or 2 gap anywhere.

But what you did looks great.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

If you have a router you can rout a recess to allow the clips to grab a 15mm section of the worktop.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I remember thinking parts of my parents caravan were lovely when I was 10, good to see those parts still in production yeah.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

The porthole would intrude onto the airbrushed Wizard area.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

That's exactly the solution. Put the brace so that it gets squashed if the door sags, it's better that way.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Ooh that probably won't help. Better treesmiths than me will come in but taking them off and clamping them flat (or even bent a little against the twist) for a while might be more what you need.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Are you going to set it to display the rear view all the time as a stand in for a rear view mirror?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Looking good, nice and light.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Do you have to add more windows and some graphics to retitle it as a motorhome or are you keeping the stealth look?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Tomarse posted:

Also - no $20 aliexpress poo poo for us in the UK now as we now have customs charges, import tax and customs payment fees :(

We still have Aldi and Lidl specials, you can pick up a compressor and spray set for £100, I'm sure it'll do a panel at a time.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

That was confusing me too, guess they fixed the van and repainted the username at the same time.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I have an opinion.

Colorful centre caps. Like eye searing.

I didn't say it was a good opinion.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

At least give them a glow in the dark top coat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

You did a great job. We look forward to the update whenever it comes.