Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Nah, doing nothing makes it ultimate stealth. That lifted, camo van in the parking lot of Tesco with PS4 game sounds coming out of it? Definitely camping illegally.

The faded red builders van with years of faded and peeled off logos? Nah, just a mate’s work truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Blacknose posted:

Are they not called fairy lights in the US? I had no idea.

Nope, Christmas lights or (outside of Christmas) string lights.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Are you going to go full-time #vanlife with it? Looks really good!

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Blacknose posted:

Yeah I'm in a fully WFH contract at the moment, and would pretty much only look for those in the future if possible. I also am only taking relatively short (~6 month) contracts and have a bunch of savings, so when the time comes it's going to be super easy to drop everything.

Oooooooor you could get some kind of decent* internet in the van and gently caress off now and WFV (work from van) contracting and building your nest egg ever higher because you're not paying rent/utilities. :getin:

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Blacknose posted:

Covid lockdowns across Europe make this basically impossible sadly. On the plus side I have a mortgage not rent so hopefully that money isn't lost forever.

I'd actually prefer to save travelling for when I can do it without a job because I really cannot stress how much I dislike working. Maybe that makes me lazy or a layabout or something, but I'm completely at peace with it.

Nah I get you. I hate working too. I went with a job in an industry that basically met my requirements: "I want to make as much money as I can doing as least amount of work as I can"