Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I don't know how creative you want to get but your floor plan, while simple, looks like a ton of wasted space. It's just two flat seating and sleeping areas. One thing a lot of old school motor homes would do is have the bed be multiple pieces so you could lift the center section up and use it as sort of a booth style dining table, or fold the table up completely so it was a seating area. Also one of the coolest things I've seen is how space efficient the micro camping trailers are, they basically have the kitchen outside the trailer but the space under the kitchen is for feet when sleeping. It's incredibly efficient in that it makes use of the vertical space as well as the floor plan space, and doesn't require any floor area to stand inside the unit. Like this:

Now, I'm not saying to copy that, as I don't see how you would, except to say that it might give you ideas. Also I understand that's really only useful in good weather. But if you could put the kitchen in the back of the truck so it was accessible from inside or outside with the doors open, it might be kind of nifty. Or do a murphy bed with a couch or table that folds down out of it. etc etc. I personally love the idea of stuff that's out of the way when you're not using it, or takes advantage of dual use. And basically remember that hallways are wasted floor space. Obviously you have to be able to get access to things but again if you can make them dual use or movable you can really make the most out of the space.

Those back doors are a great opportunity to have something that slides or folds out to make the thing feel relatively huge or useful, like a picnic table or entertainment center or something.

Also these are just ideas driven by jealousy and intended to inspire, so please don't take them as critical.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

I think they look great regardless.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

I lost track of this thread a bit ago, just caught up. That came out super classy and looks awesome. I like the 3 seat setup so your partner can tell you how they currently feel about you by where they are sitting.