Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Nice project, I like what you're doing with the electronics. I want to see the test with the full solar capacity installed.

When are you going to upgrade the truck charging system?

cursedshitbox posted:

Talk about jacking it...
I picked up a porta power a few years ago, the low profile bottle jacks are a lifesaver sometimes. Unfortunately the pump is completely shot now, I was thinking about piecing together an electric system like the hydraulic crimpers run off of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
I might have missed it earlier in the thread but do you have a sketch of the planned final rooftop layout? You only had the stinkpipe, AC, and vents to work around so you should be able to get some good wattage up there.

I wanted to try doing something similar with a truck camper but they're kinda hard to come by around me, besides I'd probably end up with a project like this but run out of patience then time well before you. The thing looks almost finished.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
drat that looks good, and the sky isn't red anymore. I really want to check it out next time work drags me out that way and its safe to do so.