Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

I don't get why "Empty" is a light. With 4 lights, you can do 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and FULL, like a normal person. All lights off is empty!

I guess it's good to know that your shitter-level-light system is working, though. It's probably more important than the fuel gauge.

That's definitely why i'd want an empty light. Being surprised by a full waste tank is never a good thing! Perhaps think of it as an 'ON' light instead.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this CSB.

What is the american fascination with dark wood coloured units and doors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

before quarantine i was helping to convert a 18 seat minibus which we cleaned the full body decals off. Panel wipe works well.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Nice work!

So where you can avoid replacing it you are treating and painting the original wood?. How are you dealing with any damage?

I've got some gouges out of the plywood floor in my truck that I need to fill so I can lay vinyl flooring over them and I'd like to treat the water damaged bits so they don't get any worse. any recommendations? since this appears to be your area of expertise at the moment!

I'm about to start shopping for furniture fixings/brackets/sliders for mine. there are far too many options.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Its looking awesome! keep up the great work!. you appear to have as much fridge/freezer capacity in there as I do in my house.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

As a fellow camper builder I am enjoying reading the water chat but still have no idea what "RO" stands for?

Running water back into the fresh water tank under any situation seems like a really bad idea though?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

cursedshitbox posted:

McMasterCarr sent us this nice angled channel to work with. Cut it to suit and used 4200 to glue it into place.

There's a closed cell foam seal that gets applied to the inner lip.
Making this air tight however, removes the ability to add a hinge. The cargo bay has a hatch instead of a door!

Which wasn't planned. But that's alright. Only four of these latches were purchased, and at the time were around $20 per.

Why can you not put a piano hinge along one edge? (and either keep all four latches or drop to just 2 per side). I'd piano hinge (the nice aluminium stuff) the top edge and keep the lower 2 latches. Some sort of latch/big magnet/strut to keep it open when you are digging in there and your'e good.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Blacknose posted:

My renault master uses these exact vents also.

I spent many hours trawling the internet to match some vents my truck uses and I think these people make pretty much all of them
https://www.primaautomotive.it/en/products/22/air-diffusion-system/41/round-adjustable-air-diffuser/p388

(though after ordering the correct vents to match my 40yo ones they sent me the wrong ones)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Your work looks excellent and the level of finish you are getting on the thing looks amazing!