Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

I have nothing else to say other than to provide my admiration. The bus thread was impressive, but this, wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

cakesmith handyman posted:

That's a heavy-rear end box. How dense is that epoxy?
So what's the plan to move weight forward?

Stellar jokes aside, if you put west system together without/low quantities of filler, its some fuckin' dense poo poo. I don't know a specific gravity offhand though.

If you get some somewhere that needs sanding and you didn't put filler in it, throw the boat away.

Source: I did way too many race boat bottoms for beer money in high school.

Crunchy Black fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 18, 2020

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
You have more VMs running reliably in your camper than I do in containers in my rack at home. Good poo poo.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
That thing is going to end up more solidly built than a brand new luxury class A pusher. Great work as always.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
If you're so inclined, where are you picking your pookie up from? I know you're smarter than to pay West Marine prices but I hear if you're not buying in bulk, Gougeon Bros won't sell direct anymore.

Luckily I have a sweet rear end Port Supply hookup else I'd never get anything fiberglass related done lol

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

jink posted:

Good god you go above and beyond with everything. I want to comment on every piece but the general reaction is just 'wow'. The E-Ink display is just icing on this delicious cake... wow

General sentiment about this thread. Always a pleasure to see an update.

e: can you elaborate on the solar a little more? I think I understand the thought, you have some spare panels on a spare controller if something happens to the primary, is that the only consideration?

Crunchy Black fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 17, 2020

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Thanks! I get it but I also have experience doing this both in marine and RVs. A diagram might help other folks, and I'm sure you wouldn't mind having one if you don't have it made up yet :D

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Beautiful and well thought out. A true Mad Max machine.

Love the eink display. Do you have a thread somewhere for the rover?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
:hellyeah: