Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
This thread rules. It's making me appreciate how easy I have it restoring my little sailboat. I've definitely sold my soul to the West System, but thick fiberglass and occasionally rotten core seems a lot easier for a hack to work with than the flattened tin cans and thin sheathing of a camper/RV.

Of course my wife walked in while I was reading and was all, "Oh, one of those would be really nice." (She's not big on tent camping) and I don't think she realizes the psychic trap she just sprung on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

cursedshitbox posted:

Bonus shot of the backside of the stove. Checkout the fancy factory work to plumb the LP line at the top right. Yup, they cut right through the counter support.

I'm switching my little sailboat to an propane outboard. I don't have an LPG locker so I'm still working the logistics* but it amazes me the dichotomy between DIYers who are convinced you're going to blow yourself up and manufacturers who do hacky but technically compliant poo poo like that.

* I'm just going to throw the tank in the lazarette where the 6-gal gas tank went and not worry about it because there's only a single flex line between the bottle and outboard and no 12v system means no ignition sources, and I assume I'd smell the gas before I spark a spliff while hanging out in the bilge.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy
That Corelite board looks interesting. I'm going to be building a 5-sided propane locker to drop into the cockpit locker on my boat. I wanted to build it out of corrugated plastic sheeting with West System epoxy and glassed edges but it looks like adhesion would be a problem. If the surface is durable enough for use on cabinetry without having to lay glass over that's pretty cool.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy
You didn't use the 404 filler, did you?

Maybe weigh it on a different scale. I weighed my boat and trailer when I launched this season and it came to 3750 loaded/1500 empty, and 1500lbs really sounds high for a tandem axel with basic wooden bunks.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy
No :party_parrot: so you get :pcgaming: