Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

slidebite posted:

There is a guy on youtube who is building a 4 season camper van from scratch on a Mercedes AWD sprinter chassis.

I check it out every few weeks or so to see how he's coming along.... he's slowly making progress. He's taking his time and seems to pour his heart into his youtube channel, but his videos only have a handful of views.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClNTBuZoep74KcSOEiAJ7-Q
Oh, man. I love how excited he is about this, and how as you said - he's clearly pouring a lot into this. The videos I've watched so far are pretty well done, and very interesting to watch.

But the poo poo he's doing to that van. Oh, lord. That's the kind of van I love finding in the junkyard.

I'm watching the one out about mounting the light bars and WHY DID HE JUST PUT SEALANT ALL OVER THE TOP OF IT??? As soon as he pulled that caulking gun out I knew we were in trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

slidebite posted:

I haven't seen that one yet. It's either going to be great when it's done or a disaster.
I wasn't sure where to start after the intro, so I just clicked on a couple that looked interesting - yeah, a bit out of order.

I suspect most of it is going to work well enough, but I don't think I'd want to own it in 10 years. Which, I suppose, is somewhere in the middle, leaning toward disaster.

Also, he is SO Canadian. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Bad. loving. rear end.

I love this project and it definitely makes me want to learn some stuff (basically, all the electrical).