Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Love the massive amount of progress! Can’t wait to see it continue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Love the gray in cabinets and such so much better than just white.

I don’t even have words to form about the amount of work required on this!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Window and sink area looking good, is that a faucet you had or did you pick that one? My hiace right now has what looks like the $10 faucet at walmart except purchased in the early 90's, would like to replace it with something not too expensive but just make it nice and more attractive to buyers. Will any work that fits or should I look for RV specific?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Why ditch the genny even if only as like an emergency backup? You probably my explained this already.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Gotcha, just interested bc you know well I have so many campers coming and learning all I can. Love seeing the progress so far!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
What a transformation!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
That fridge and everything looks AMAZING

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
That last light pic is epic!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just next level poo poo!! Holy smokes amazing. If someone was going to get started with solar are there any terms or specs to avoid?

I just got some solar trickle chargers off amazon for the campers that will be kept at my covered storage until it is “their turn” to be worked on, regularly $80 some kind of deal for $25 each and I am surprised how heavy and well built they seem I was expecting garbage. Have not set them up testing charge yet.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
All excellent info and especially at the end! Yeah these cheapies I got for stashing our and keeping a few batteries charged are rigid and not flexible like I was expecting. The tech seems to be moving very fast and prices going down. Will take your advice!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just watching in amazement and picking up ideas and tips along the way...fantastic

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have a little computer store as my "real job" (though Japanese cars is far outpacing that right now) and I just bookmarked your x230 build to read later for fun while the kids are in the bath.

I KNOW WHY you are keeping the linoleum, it is fine, you are going to be working out in the middle of nowhere, it does what it needs to do just would love to see some of that light gray type wood/fake wood floor in there!!!!

You progress and tenacity is amazing. Love the thread. And thanks for all the tips and help you have given me!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just love the little things like the gray paint in the drawers.

My white hi Ace is about done but here is the newcomer today the view from the front seat, and as far as I can tell no rot or leaks to deal with but just where to start (giant tied up thing is massive massive Fiamma awning for attachment to the outside)

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I asked back in the build why NOT keep that genny just bc. So your 4300 pound weight is just the back or? Because I have 4800+ pound normal vans.

I envy your electrical knowledge. I hope you can work out a way to keep this setup

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Kastein would be very disappointed that we don’t have 8 latches and razor sharp edges on every surface. Going to have to suggest you bring it up to snuff.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Looking awesome as always.

Can I ask a question since you mentioned a bottle jack?

I was browsing car related bits this weekend as I was trying not to drink and keeping myself occupied with work on home and vehicles, and I was eyeing some pump jacks as the 3 ton I have was last used as an impromptu frame
Machine to straighten out a bumper after some off-roading and who knows how long it will last.

Right next to the nice pump jacks that loft a max 15-16” is a 12 TON bottle jack that lifts nearly 19” and is freaking $29. Is their something bad about these? This seems too easy. Does everyone already have one of these and I don’t know it? I ha e lots of trucks and vans and the extra inches and weight tolerance is much needed. Sorry for the derail.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Great info and I DO have a gravel driveway. I do use jack stands. If nothing else an even smaller bottle jack will be nice for stowing for road trips in case I need to put a spare on (I usually stow my big jack in its case so I won’t ha e to mess with a factory jack just in case).

I had a jack slip off the oily crossmember of my 71 Ltd in the 90s and me and my friend are only alive bc it slipped under the oil pan crushing it but keeping the car off our heads

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
WOW as always!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

StormDrain posted:

Thanks but that'd be too big I think, and I would have to work the mounting too much to get what I wanted. I just wanted a closer look.

Edit; really I just need box lights but I still cannot believe an LED box light is worth $55 each.

You can get whole giant off road light bars for that on AMZ now what are you looking for?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just looks absolutely amazing such great work!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My God what I would love to see you do to 2 of my big campers that are actually in great shape. With treatment like this they’d both be worth double at least what I’m asking!

Hate to repeat it over and over but it all looks amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

jink posted:

Good god you go above and beyond with everything. I want to comment on every piece but the general reaction is just 'wow'. The E-Ink display is just icing on this delicious cake... wow

Same!