Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trollipop

hippin and hoppin

beer pal posted:

i read house of leaves a little whle back and i liked it pretty well. i think if you take the structure & the typographic gimicks as like self-serious esotericism its a bit lame but i thought it was just kind of goofy fun

Wish I had house of leaves with me still. I got about a quarter way in before I dipped out of the apartment i was borrowing the book at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trollipop

hippin and hoppin
I like the small maggiezine books with the pictures in em

Trollipop

hippin and hoppin
Checked to see the current state of what's displayed somewhere from inside this really sketchy book on neurolinguistic programming that I picked up in a field back in like 2009 when there were a bunch of books lying out for free and people giving out material (it's called Nonexistence by Kenji Siratori, I was a freshman in college there was newbie day lol). When I read it, the text was a lot more visibly abstract as a programming language. I read it as that because because at least the syntax was with mostly a few english words and SOME_CODE=STUFF(LIKE.THIS)_ SyStEm.REPEAT{} brrrrrrrrrrr . So I read it for a while real fast starting from the beginning up to the point where I was terrified in hallucinatory revelry of being able to read the book about a little less than a third in a way that confirmed I definitely picked the most sketchy piece of free book, debatably some cool MK Ultra type poo poo, definitely see the cool factor in dangerously leaving experimental print literature somewhere an unsuspecting jack of the day might just pick it up and actually flip through the pages in earnest desire to learn the ways of being programmed a language of some sort by its back or somewhere mentioned descriptor of being some sort of neurolinguistic programming and experimental in nature.

SO anyways, I looked up the book on amazon, my friend says he has the paper back (I had deemed it necessary to no longer be in possession of the most powerful question of what in the gently caress anyone would drive anyone to the madness it must take to actually be able to come up with some poo poo like that ??? maybe it was the glitch art on the cover), and anyways, I looked it up in the preview text and it's most definitely not in the same syntax coding as it was when I first read it and it has since been progressively processed into more english but debatably more or less human readable way depending on if the SYNTAX_WITH_SYMBOLS()=r.EASIER(BEEPBOOP) or if the xyntax-wrods read easy words syntax words READ english human blahblahblah , is what's human readable versus machine readable. Personally, I obviously read the programming as a human but most definitely I didn't translate down to word because in its understanding it was far to hallucinatory in revelation to actually be dumb words like that. Any language processing system put into use of itself by a glitch art cover that scans its own inside or something, would most unsuspectingly translate as book containing computer vision first by being read and understood and prompted strong hallucination in me I guess thus removing the vision from in its bindings as color immediately shutting the book, directing color towards the cover and the true darkness of its evil to the black text inside that I suppose is now just increasingly dumb and neutral but has entirely been on a computer somewhere by it being print of coding language.. blah blah

Scary poo poo, not bad, worth looking into if you're down to gently caress and kill computers for being dumb and stupid