Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quadramind

Yo, that Book Is Full of Spiders, but the book I just finished is also full of spiders and is called Children of Time. Epic romp in space with spiders and bumbling humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quadramind

I'm listening to that right now. It's a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to telling someone to "go gently caress a puppet on the moon"

Quadramind

I love his unabashed silliness. Don't get me wrong, I like weighty stuff like David Foster Wallace, but I identify much more with Byob Mortimer's happy idiocy.

Quadramind

Yeah, piss cup is one of those parts I'm enjoying most, where the riffs and whimsy melt into introspection and philosophising.

Quadramind

I want to know it. Can you share your favourite?

Quadramind

In my primary school we weren't allowed to take books home because we couldn't be trusted. Children are devious.

Quadramind

"This snowcrash thing - is it a virus, a drug, or a religion?"

"What's the difference?" :c00lbert:

Quadramind

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Quadramind

I must give annihilation a shot. Have only read Finch, which I thought was brilliant.

Quadramind

I read excerpt from The Other Side by Alfred Kubin and ordered the book immediately cos it's so good.

Came across it in The Weird: A Compendium of Strange and Dark Stories, edited by Ann and Jeff Vandermeer.

Quadramind

oh, poo poo! New Bob Mortimer? Might have to restart my audible subscription for that. I think it definitely helps to hear it with his delivery

Quadramind

That's so weird. I thought it was absolutely hilarious.

Quadramind

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Never read a La Carre book before and woo this one's dense. Loved the "retired spy roped in for one last job after their mentor dies under mysterious circumstances" plot.

Yooo! Same here. Read The Spy Who Came in from The Cold before this and liked it a lot. His prose is so good. I had to backtrack on the early chapters of tinker, where Smiley meets with his cohorts and there is just soo much name dropping and flashes of background on what I hope are minor characters, cos drat that's hard to take in all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quadramind

I'm reading The Goldfinch and it rules. Gotta get me some more Donna Tart after this.