Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AdvilSmith

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
Some Books I've read or audiobooked in the last few months:
X Wing: The Bacta War

Life, the universe and everything

Sea of Tranquility

Darth Bane: rule of two

Stephen King's IT - dude who narrates the audiobook does an amazing job and easily one of my favorite narrators.

Stranger in a Strange Land

To Kill a Mocking Bird (narrated by Sissy Spacek) this one was one of my favorites hands down. She did such a good job reading the story.

Currently listening to A Scanner Darkly, narrated by Paul Giamatti. It's kinda odd but enjoyable so far. At the same time it's kind of hard to keep into it but I also am drawn into it. I think it's one that I'll have to go back to again. I also think the narration is partly to blame, for me at least. And my ability to be sidetracked by any and everything around me doesn't help.

thank you RavenousScoot 🤘🐹

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdvilSmith

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.

baka fwocka fwame posted:

ah paul giamatti. his woman voices aren't that good iirc. he does a good job sometimes tho

i heart that book tho. its the best book for spacing out to

Yeah, woman voices weren't that good. I'd like to find a different audiobook of it next time. Maybe I'll just go buy the book? His narration made it difficult to stay engaged at times. All his characters were too similar and the recording quality is poor.

That said, it was a pretty neat book

Is the movie adaptation good?

AdvilSmith

Currently audiobook booking and reading in bed, Hogfather. Not very far into it yet but I love it. I had just finished Small Gods the other day and it also was fantastic. Cant believe I slept on the Discworld stuff for so long.