Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Decided to reread some Agatha Christie because some friends and I have been watching Poirot.

Murder in Retrospect is still the best one, but Crooked House and Towards Zero are definitely up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika

reading A Talent to Deceive by Robert Barnard; it's a retrospective look at Agatha Christie's work and an attempt to answer the question of just why that work ended up so enduring and appealing. It manages to be appreciative without descending into hagiography (chapter two is talking about all those kind of racist world domination thrillers she wrote, like Passenger to Frankfurt and The Big Four), which I'm enjoying.

Leraika

HUSKY DILF posted:

my Libby app has been filled up with Ursula Le Guin lately and she is now in my top five fantasy/sci fi authors of all time

her non-fiction writing is really good too

Leraika

earthsea is very good and you definitely want to read the first book first