Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Just finished the first book in the Expanse series. currently on waiting list for book 2 from the library. :f5h:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

I'm halfway through Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko. YA coming-of-age story in a kingdom where magic and demons exist. I'm enjoying it so far.

Buttchocks

Halfway through the audiobook of Master & Commander. I'm very proud that I only giggled a little every time they said "seaman". Not much has actually happened yet, but there has been a surprising amount of discussion of buggery.

Buttchocks

I read Peter Pan on a whim because I wanted something light and fun. It was really quite horrifying and sad. Peter comes across as some kind of narcissistic imp who parasitically haunts the female bloodline of this one specific British family, luring away each generation of girls and then discarding them when they're used up. He also turns the boys into killers (yes, even John and Michael have blood on their hands), and they keep a running bodycount like they're playing some sort of FPS game. Sure, Captain Hook is also a merciless killer, but at least he comes across as satire. Also, the father goes mad with grief when his kids disappear and spends months or possibly years living like a dog, going around on hands and knees and sleeping in a cage.

Buttchocks

Finished another chapter of Red Land, Black Land by Barbara Mertz aka Elizabeth Peters, who in addition to being a very successful mystery writer, also had a PHD in Egyptology. It's about ancient Egyptian history and it's really interesting. I've been reading it for the past 7 years. It's not long, but I only pick it up once or twice a year when I take my car to the shop. I need new tires, btw.

Buttchocks

Howl's Moving Castle. I really wanted to like this. I tried getting through it twice but couldn't. The story sound like it should be exciting: a titular moving castle; wizard hired to kill evil witch; fire demons, etc. The writing is just so dull. I kept falling asleep reading it. It's won plenty of awards, so maybe it's just me.

Buttchocks

Book 4 of the Expanse series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

Let me simplify it for you: it's not a good book.