Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caspergers
read this book recently called the Fifth Wave. it's okay. it's about this dude who goes to the library and sees a friend sitting at a table reading, but he can't call out her name because it's a library, so he just starts waving at his friend. Throughout the first two chapters he gives four distinct waves, each time his friend not looking up from her book, but then the main protagonist stretches back his arm and frantically gives a final fifth wave, but he knocks over an old librarian and kills her. The rest of the book deals with the consequences of this event. Our character's main conflict is that his friend cannot give adequate testimony, as he did not see whether our man had waved four previous times.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caspergers
wait are we talking corey doctorow or e.l.? i have this book billy bathgate and whether i read it depends on the answer

----------------

caspergers

rear end-penny posted:

I'm going to finish Confederacy of Dunces tonight. been distracted reading my Spire sourcebook, Strata.

I listened to the audiobook and recommend. The idiolect the narrator gives to Ignatius is so funny and perfect. Got any recs that are more like this book, in terms of humor?

----------------

caspergers
Read Gravity's Rainbow five years ago and I was way too dumb understand it. I will revisit with my new experience of five years and crush it like it was Dr Seuss

----------------

caspergers

Rags to Liches posted:

I started reading Blood Music by Greg Bear last night and I didn’t realize that I’d gotten halfway through it

i wish i could read this fast :smith:

e: lovely snipe, let me contribute

Listening to Come with Me by Ronald Malfi. After going through and abandoning a lot of pulpy horror and thrillers with decent premises but are just not well written or emotive, this book is a breath of fresh air. I haven't finished it yet and I feel like it'll end up having been meaningless, but at least it totally stupid.

caspergers fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 4, 2023

----------------