Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foobie
Just finished the plague by Camus, it was my second time reading and both times I was left rather underwhelmed coming off of the stranger. Something about it just never clicks for me. I like the characters and the idea he’s exploring seems interesting enough but I guess it’s that it’s placed in a broader war novel just doesn’t really gel with me.
Then my partner got me to read carmilla. Don’t really have any notes on that one, besides the fact that it’s funny that when the lesbian vampire is flirting with the Victorian maiden she’s like “she must be a boy in disguise to act in such a way”
Now I’m reading this book called Promicide I bought from this touring goth dance act that came through here, it’s a take on schlocky 80s horror novels. I thought it might suck but bought it cause I liked their set, but it’s actually pretty fun so far. The deaths are creative and the characters are stereotypical in a kind of clever campy way instead of just because they’re supposed to be. Excited to read more of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU