Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

enigma74 posted:

Does anyone have a Hitufude dojo pure gold, with 10 or less sunstones? I got the pure silver complete, but I'm stuck terribly at about 18.3 million, which is just a little shy of gold's 20 million. I think I'm having trouble with the final levels, despite everyone else saying that the ropes are plentiful. I started the second to last stage with 2.2 million HP, 6k attack and 10k defense, and 45 ropes. It wasn't enough to clear all the monsters, just the ones worth a lot of xp.

By the way, what level are people ending Hitufude dojo at on pure runs? Spent a lot of time re-strategizing, but my runs ended up at level 134 both times! I'm pretty sure I can get the normal gold if I bust out the medals, but the pure gold is so close! My second run, i was so proud of getting both platinum keys for the godan level with 2 platinum doors, but getting the second platinum key basically brought my character to <1000 HP. I though the extra experience boost would make up for the massive loss in HP...but it didn't really.

it's possible to get a true pure (0 suns) diamond on dojo. it's incredibly tight and precise, but the possibility exists. dojo is one that i would never ever begrudge someone looking up a step by step guide.

in terms of ending levels, this 0 sun run ended at a 145, so there's definitely way more possibility for you to sweat levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
Wow....I wish they had a replay system to see what was done.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

quote:

[Implementation of <Memories from 0>!]
Not a stage update, but perhaps one of the most important features ever implemented, <Memories from 0>.
This can be activated by pressing <Memory from 0> at the start of the stage, or by pressing Shift+Home, and allows you to load the key unlocking information from another saved data.
(Think of "ghost replay" in racing or action games.)

When replaying a large stage after a long time has passed, or when replaying a stage that was once game over, it is often easy to forget how the game was played before.
With <Memories from 0>, players will be able to play more comfortably, more efficiently, and with greater sophistication.
(I think it will probably increase the comfort level of the game by a factor of 1.5~2.0. ......)

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

definitely a super useful addition. being able to automatically count + reserve keys based on your successful runs is nice. unfortunately it doesn't play well with frozen doors or ice keys but thankfully that's only a handful of towers

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Wanton Spoon posted:

Yeah, part of the reason I want more people to know about this game is because I want to see the developers follow through on completing their vision for the game, but the other reason I want more people to know about it is because I'd also like to see what other developers could do with these same mechanics.

Has any third party made a level for the game?

quote:

However, this game system is essentially "a game that anyone can easily make.
We hope that our game will be better received than TacticalNexus, and that there will be better games to follow it.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Mescal posted:

Soulestination is another game with basically the same concept, except it gets weirder.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Mescal posted:

there's someone in the tacnex discord (LAWatson, who might post in this thread sometimes, I forget) who's making a game with extremely similar systems called Leapfrog Prince

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Thuryl posted:

Soulestination is another game with basically the same concept, except it gets weirder.

quote:

This game contains a demo (3 h+) with the content of the first chapter of the game. If you are not sure whether the game is worth buying, it is recommended to try the demo first.

quote:

Buy Soulestination
$2.99

An Actual Princess posted:

there's someone in the tacnex discord (LAWatson, who might post in this thread sometimes, I forget) who's making a game with extremely similar systems called Leapfrog Prince

Interesting. So they could piggyback on the devs' system but they made their own. What I was hoping was that somebody made an easy pack, for handicap sunstones -- I don't usually play puzzle games. I've been playing this one for a while but I never got to the point where it felt like it clicked and I could go by feel. I'm a "solo player," I don't really find it fun to follow somebody's video. Maybe if there were somebody with charisma.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Mescal posted:

Interesting. So they could piggyback on the devs' system but they made their own. What I was hoping was that somebody made an easy pack, for handicap sunstones -- I don't usually play puzzle games. I've been playing this one for a while but I never got to the point where it felt like it clicked and I could go by feel. I'm a "solo player," I don't really find it fun to follow somebody's video. Maybe if there were somebody with charisma.

if you haven't joined the discord you REALLY should; the community there is incredibly helpful and happy to give tips without just spoiling everything. i'm at 5.5k suns and there's no way i would have even a tenth that many if it wasn't for the help of other people

rath
Apr 25, 2005
I should be learning code instead of posting on the boards.

if you haven't joined the discord you REALLY should; the community there is incredibly helpful and happy to give tips without just spoiling everything. i'm at 5.5k suns and there's no way i would have even a tenth that many if it wasn't for the help of other people

Seriously, the Discord is great. Everyone is friendly and it's great to bounce some ideas off others when you hit a wall.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Really want to get back into this but I've been away for like 2 years and am intimidated. Had like 200 sunstones I think? Like 2 diamonds max I think? I dunno I feel like at the end I was struggling enough so trying to push for more now just feels daunting

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
The game has kind of gotten easier over time because there are new towers so you can get more resources before going back to the old towers. Of course the flipside is that some of the new towers are total bastards but oh well; some of them aren't that bad.

I agree that the idea of getting back into the game can be intimidating. It's a lot of game.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

it is very intimidating but if you've been away for years then there's a TON of qol that's been added to make easing back in simpler, like the ability to reserve doors to make key counting enormously simpler.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

it is very intimidating but if you've been away for years then there's a TON of qol that's been added to make easing back in simpler, like the ability to reserve doors to make key counting enormously simpler.

Whats this mean exactly?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Chin Strap posted:

Whats this mean exactly?

you can shift+right click on any locked door and it will mark it as "reserved" and keep a running count in your key totals, so you know exactly how many keys you still need to get in order to open the doors you want.

as you can see, i "reserved" the four doors here, and it puts a counter where your keys are:

that counter will automatically decrease as you open the reserved doors, too.

you can combine this with the "memories from 0" mechanic they added, that allows you to load the doors you opened in a saved game from a past run, so it will automatically reserve every single door you opened and give you the key count for that.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
Oh great that was always the most tedious part, and when trying to improve a run I could never be sure what was the same or different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Found a Magical Tower-like that seems to have passed this thread by

Six Braves, which contrary to appearances does have a translation
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1821570/Six_Braves/