Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Wanton Spoon posted:

Tactical Tower K made me give up on that premise. I tried multiple times with a variety of approaches and never got anything better than a bronze.

My current Pure Nexus rank in Tactical Tower K is just barely a silver, and that's with 35 Sunstones.

That's good to know, I guess; I've made three attempts at a Pure run of K now, and the first one stalled pretty late, the second was an abortive attempt at some crazy stuff that didn't go well, and the third just stalled in the middle of those two.

I want to save my keys until the big treasure room (oh uh spoilers for the unenlightened there's a big treasure room), but drat do they make it tricky to look for optimal routes before then. I got pretty far along, but was thousands of HP short of being actually able to grab the platinum key blocking my path to the treasure room, even after giving up on my principles and taking two levels in Attack.

I seem to do the best when I just play it by ear; attempting to actually figure out the most optimal path causes the universe to open up before me, blooming fractals shimmering in a Caribbean heat-haze as my pupils dilate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Arzaac posted:

It probably hasn't happened yet because it's pretty obscure. It doesn't really have any marketing going on and it's barely translated, so I can see why nobody's heard of it. Hell, I really don't know how Wanton Spoon found out about it.

Speaking of, congratulations, Spoon! You basically single handedly created the English community for Tactical Nexus, that's gotta feel pretty good.
The translation is pretty solid, honestly. We laugh at the errors, but it's never left me confused.

Heiji
Jun 9, 2007
What's the general approach for tower G? I can make the first goal just fine, but even with a nexus feather at time 0 I just stall out in the last room, which is frustrating since apparently there's a way to get it even without that feather!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I haven't picked up the game myself yet, as I'm trying to be SOMEWHAT responsible with my funds until I can find another job, but I did download the demo. I'm not great at it, but it's basically alongside Slay the Spire in my selection of games that I can play when I just want to take my mind off things. I certainly never would have tried the game without this thread bringing it up, and "Desktop Dungeons" being in the title is what drew me in here in the first place.

I also shared it with two non-goon friends. One of which said he didn't think it was his kind of game, until I discord streamed some of it, at which point he downloaded the demo, played one run and immediately purchased the base version. Aside from some of the graphical choices on given levels giving him a headache due to all the contrasting patterns, he said he "hates that he loves this game", because it makes him wonder how many games he's passed up over the years that he was certain he wouldn't like and was wrong about.

So you definitely made at least a couple extra sales they wouldn't have normally gotten.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

Elswyyr posted:

I made a discord. Unsure if anyone would use it or care, and I have no idea how to admin a discord, but here it is: https://discord.gg/BYTegrg. Wanton Spoon, I copied your big strategy post in a channel there, of course attributed to you. I'll probably tweet it at the developer too.

Discord link is broken, think you have a stray . in there.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

GetDunked posted:

Discord link is broken, think you have a stray . in there.

Fixed.

Wanton Spoon
Aug 19, 2007

Senior Burgeoner

Arzaac posted:

It probably hasn't happened yet because it's pretty obscure. It doesn't really have any marketing going on and it's barely translated, so I can see why nobody's heard of it. Hell, I really don't know how Wanton Spoon found out about it.
I was browsing the unfiltered list of new releases on Steam and it happened to catch my eye. That's literally it.

Culka posted:

One thing I don't really like about the game is being uncertain if I can even finish a tower when selecting it. The difficulty stars give some indication, but they don't really tell if you need a lot of sunstones or if the tower is otherwise hard. Some kind of recommended amount of sunstones for a pure nexus run would be nice.
My initial response to this was a hard agree, particularly considering the struggles I had in not being sure whether I was doing as well as I should be doing. But after thinking on it a bit more, I feel like it might actually hurt the game in some way to do this?

One of the reasons I wasn't sure this game was going to take off is because it's technically a solvable game. These forums might thrive off of long, analytical games, but I think they depend on a bit of creativity as well--experimenting with different character builds and the like. You can experiment with your builds in this game, but some builds are clearly less effective than others, for the most part.

But the game does allow some creativity, or at least some level of personalization, in the order that you clear the towers and their associated medals. I thought it was cool how Heiji's first platinum was in Tactical Trip Mini while mine was in Tutorial 2. I think it's cool how people's different approaches to the game seem to be giving them better medals in some towers than others. If the developers gave a recommended Sunstone count for each tower, a lot of that personalization would disappear, because everyone would be trying to clear towers in the same order.

But in line with your statement and the fact that I agree with the sentiment behind it, though, it probably would be a good idea if players came to some kind of consensus on which towers were easiest to start with, in general. That way, there's always some question as to how true the consensus actually is, so it's easier for players to break away from that mold if they wish.

I still hold that the pair of Tactical Tutorial and Tactical Trip Mini are the absolute best two towers to start with. I think you can probably get at least a bronze in the first eleven towers without using any Sunstones, but I can't remember if I actually completed that particular challenge in every tower or not (that's why I limited my original recommendation to just the first eight towers). Pop Tactical Lord might actually be possible without Sunstones as well, but I haven't made any serious attempts at it myself. I reached the first goal in Pure Nexus using thirty-something Sunstones, personally.

Elswyyr posted:

I made a discord. Unsure if anyone would use it or care, and I have no idea how to admin a discord, but here it is: https://discord.gg/BYTegrg. Wanton Spoon, I copied your big strategy post in a channel there, of course attributed to you. I'll probably tweet it at the developer too.
I've now linked this Discord in the OP. I'll probably visit at some point, but I couldn't say exactly when.

John Lee posted:

That's good to know, I guess; I've made three attempts at a Pure run of K now, and the first one stalled pretty late, the second was an abortive attempt at some crazy stuff that didn't go well, and the third just stalled in the middle of those two.

I want to save my keys until the big treasure room (oh uh spoilers for the unenlightened there's a big treasure room), but drat do they make it tricky to look for optimal routes before then. I got pretty far along, but was thousands of HP short of being actually able to grab the platinum key blocking my path to the treasure room, even after giving up on my principles and taking two levels in Attack.
Yeah, that's the big issue with this tower, trying to balance the treasure room with what you have to do to get into it. Sure would be nice to have that Platinum Key from the Nexus, huh?

I can't remember exactly what strategy I had left on when I finally gave up on the tower, but I seem to remember that a couple of different approaches could work. You can either use a ton of keys to skip several enemies and then super-power yourself when you arrive at the treasure room, or you can spend only three or four level-ups on keys, hone your focus on your preferred stat of either ATK or DEF, and skip the rest of the powerups, but no matter which of the two paths you take, I feel it's pretty necessary to use a Violet Key to get into the upper left corner of 2F as soon as possible. That's three Golden Feathers and like a billion other powerups at once, son. Don't pass that up.

Also, Team Nexus recently tweeted an image of a Pure Nexus gold clear of that tower, and it uses 139 Sunstones. So it's not just us having trouble with that tower.

Heiji posted:

What's the general approach for tower G? I can make the first goal just fine, but even with a nexus feather at time 0 I just stall out in the last room, which is frustrating since apparently there's a way to get it even without that feather!
When I did my first Pure Nexus run on that one, I just gave up on reaching that second goal point. I did recently get a Pure Nexus gold in Tactical Tower G after I'd refined my strategy trying to get a diamond, but I used 40 Sunstones to do it. Still, now that I know what the proper strategy is, I think it's conceivable you could do it with a lot fewer Sunstones than that. And it should definitely be possible with an extra Golden Feather at the beginning. Well, I'll just go ahead and give my main two points of advice for that tower.

Important point #1, the "easy" tip: Since you can reach Golden Feathers as a level-up reward, Golden Feathers have an accelerating effect on each other; if you get one Golden Feather, you can reach the other Golden Feathers even faster, since you reach them through level-building in and of itself. So you want to make a beeline for every Golden Feather on both fronts. When level-building, you should be unlocking absolutely the shortest path possible to each Golden Feather in the Underground. Once you've gotten the last Golden Feather, then you can focus on unlocking doors that give you better stat powerups, and now you'll have the full selection available to you to maximize those benefits.

Important point #2, the "hard" tip: This is the part I struggled with when trying to figure out how to get a diamond (which I still haven't done). Tower G is the rare tower where it actually makes more sense to focus on DEF instead of ATK. The reason for this is because you CAN get the last enemies in the underground all the way down to 0 damage if you pick up basically every (worthwhile) DEF powerup available to you, but this does mean essentially bypassing most superfluous ATK powerups, and it means defeating a lot of the Final Fighters even when they're still doing a ton of damage to you. You really have to have a good understanding of HP management under a DEF build to pull this one off.

Wanton Spoon fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 28, 2020

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Wanton Spoon posted:

I created this thread because I cared enough about the game that I wanted to signal boost it if it was within my means to do so, but I never expected something like this to happen. I thought there was a distinct possibility I'd only get like one or two extra people to play. I wonder how many new players it actually ended up being?

Thanks for deciding to make the thread, this game owns.

One problem I have with it is that I'd like to play fullscreen, but the fullscreen game seems to repel my mouse and any keyboard input except for alt+f4. Anyone else having trouble here or is it just me?

12 rats tied together fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 28, 2020

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

24 hours played - time to buy the full game, methinks.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

12 rats tied together posted:

Thanks for deciding to make the thread, this game owns.

One problem I have with it is that I'd like to play fullscreen, but the fullscreen game seems to repel my mouse and any keyboard input except for alt+f4. Anyone else having trouble here or is it just me?

I play in fullscreen and have not had that issue, though I will note that it doesn't seem to properly lock my mouse sometimes (I have multiple monitors), so maybe it's not capturing yours correctly?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Fuuuuuck, Tower K why you do these things to me

I'm gonna have to take notes and do math, aren't I? Aren't I!?

Tremis
Nov 30, 2013

John Lee posted:

I did not have to do this.

Edit: defer to the below as I did not get a medal.

Tremis fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 28, 2020

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

John Lee posted:

"Time to take notes" is basically the point I have arrived at on K after failing to medal on my first clear, and then getting walled by forgetting to save a specific purple key on my second attempt. I think creating a fresh save as well as a screenshot each time you get to a new floor on a tower is probably close to mandatory on anything harder or longer than mini and the tutorials.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

So for what it's worth, I've managed about 40,000 short of the silver on Tower K Pure Nexus with about 10 sunstones.

If you wanna know my general build, I start with 12 levelups dedicated to keys: 5 red, 5 blue, 2 yellow. Pretty much everything after that is spent on attack. First priority goes to aggressively getting feathers on the first two floors, including spending the violet on the upper left corner of floor 2. Getting the platinum on floor 4 is tricky, generally involves picking up every powerup item except the strip at the bottom on floor 3, and I typically end with one or two thousand HP left. It's not really a problem because in the treasure room you can immediately pick up a bunch of good stuff including some potions. After you hit this room the rest of the tower is pretty easy.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Arzaac posted:

So for what it's worth, I've managed about 40,000 short of the silver on Tower K Pure Nexus with about 10 sunstones.

If you wanna know my general build, I start with 12 levelups dedicated to keys: 5 red, 5 blue, 2 yellow. Pretty much everything after that is spent on attack. First priority goes to aggressively getting feathers on the first two floors, including spending the violet on the upper left corner of floor 2. Getting the platinum on floor 4 is tricky, generally involves picking up every powerup item except the strip at the bottom on floor 3, and I typically end with one or two thousand HP left. It's not really a problem because in the treasure room you can immediately pick up a bunch of good stuff including some potions. After you hit this room the rest of the tower is pretty easy.

To my eternal shame, I figured I'd give this strategy a shot. It seemed to be working well, but I had the same problem I had with three of my other four runs, details to follow: I just get cockblocked at what I HOPE is the last enemy, on floor 7, at the end of the gauntlet. Big badass Burgeoner in the lower left. I can kill all the enemies leading up to him, and then I just don't have enough HP (and sometimes Attack) to finish the job. The only thing I can think of is that I'm just not being efficient enough in my prior play, because I've had the same troubles every time. Getting any of the enemy-locked powerups on floor 7 mean a net loss of HP that isn't made up for by the powerups themselves (or the subsequent lack of HP-loss in the gauntlet), and opening the doors to the big bunch of powerups inside means leveling up a time or two for keys, since I'm largely drained - and lacking a couple levels of Attack on floor 6 leaves me with a dearth of HP as well.

Given all this, it's likely that I'm just missing some basic point about efficiency, but drat, bein' walled off sucks, y'know?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

John Lee posted:

To my eternal shame, I figured I'd give this strategy a shot. It seemed to be working well, but I had the same problem I had with three of my other four runs, details to follow: I just get cockblocked at what I HOPE is the last enemy, on floor 7, at the end of the gauntlet. Big badass Burgeoner in the lower left. I can kill all the enemies leading up to him, and then I just don't have enough HP (and sometimes Attack) to finish the job. The only thing I can think of is that I'm just not being efficient enough in my prior play, because I've had the same troubles every time. Getting any of the enemy-locked powerups on floor 7 mean a net loss of HP that isn't made up for by the powerups themselves (or the subsequent lack of HP-loss in the gauntlet), and opening the doors to the big bunch of powerups inside means leveling up a time or two for keys, since I'm largely drained - and lacking a couple levels of Attack on floor 6 leaves me with a dearth of HP as well.

Given all this, it's likely that I'm just missing some basic point about efficiency, but drat, bein' walled off sucks, y'know?

The big-rear end burgeoner ___is___ the last enemy. It's weird Arzaac's strategy isn't working for you, though - it's pretty similar to mine, which was at least good enough to get 376k (compared to 350k bronze threshold and 450k silver threshold) even after I hosed up the leveling a bit by underestimating how many keys I was going to need. Possible issue: Are you getting and spending your violet keys efficiently? You can afford to take the first few you get straight back to the treasure room on floor 4, and some of them might be from earlier floors. If you're doing things right in a "big picture" sense then you should be able to finish the tower fairly easily - it's getting the bronze that's the hard part.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Tactical tower mini down! :toot: My first run was a bad bronze, and I was wondering why my second run didn't go much better, when I realised that the score multiplier for ATK/DEF is 10, and you end up about level 80, so levelling ATK/DEF is just straight-up better than levelling HP from a score perspective unless you need to get past a specific enemy. So basically I'd played well right up until the point where I was able to steamroll everything and switched to levelling HP! Nice and easy to fix, though, as mistakes go. I think I could probably improve this to gold with some work, but I'm planning on finishing pure nexus runs of the first eight towers and then looping back to give myself a bit of breathing room with more sunstones.

I think the key to getting gold is the fact that feathers are way more valuable than crowns after the first two or three of each, because the effect of feathers grows exponentially while the effect of crowns grows linearly. Given that most of your points come from stat level ups rather than health, I think crowns are really only good for minimising the amount of levels you have to spend on HP - which means that you shouldn't be spending too much HP to get them, and you certainly shouldn't be spending levels on HP to rush them. It's the opposite mindset to tactical tutorial or tactical tower NEW, where most of your points come from HP and potions are plentiful. I realised this at the end of my last run, and I think if I'd realised it from the start I'd have gotten a lot closer to the 3 million mark.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

pumpinglemma posted:

The big-rear end burgeoner ___is___ the last enemy. It's weird Arzaac's strategy isn't working for you, though - it's pretty similar to mine, which was at least good enough to get 376k (compared to 350k bronze threshold and 450k silver threshold) even after I hosed up the leveling a bit by underestimating how many keys I was going to need. Possible issue: Are you getting and spending your violet keys efficiently? You can afford to take the first few you get straight back to the treasure room on floor 4, and some of them might be from earlier floors. If you're doing things right in a "big picture" sense then you should be able to finish the tower fairly easily - it's getting the bronze that's the hard part.

That spoilered bit might be relevant? I'll see how it goes, because I'm heading into the breach one last time! After tomorrow or the day after I'll have some cash, and that means I'll be working with the FULL GAME, and if that happens I'll move on to another tower for a bit.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

:toot: Finally managed Pure Tactical Tower K! Just BARELY scraped out a Bronze, but hey, good enough, considering I made a bunch of mistakes, especially with my leveling order.

Heiji
Jun 9, 2007

Wanton Spoon posted:

When I did my first Pure Nexus run on that one, I just gave up on reaching that second goal point. I did recently get a Pure Nexus gold in Tactical Tower G after I'd refined my strategy trying to get a diamond, but I used 40 Sunstones to do it. Still, now that I know what the proper strategy is, I think it's conceivable you could do it with a lot fewer Sunstones than that. And it should definitely be possible with an extra Golden Feather at the beginning. Well, I'll just go ahead and give my main two points of advice for that tower.

Important point #1, the "easy" tip: Since you can reach Golden Feathers as a level-up reward, Golden Feathers have an accelerating effect on each other; if you get one Golden Feather, you can reach the other Golden Feathers even faster, since you reach them through level-building in and of itself. So you want to make a beeline for every Golden Feather on both fronts. When level-building, you should be unlocking absolutely the shortest path possible to each Golden Feather in the Underground. Once you've gotten the last Golden Feather, then you can focus on unlocking doors that give you better stat powerups, and now you'll have the full selection available to you to maximize those benefits.

Important point #2, the "hard" tip: This is the part I struggled with when trying to figure out how to get a diamond (which I still haven't done). Tower G is the rare tower where it actually makes more sense to focus on DEF instead of ATK. The reason for this is because you CAN get the last enemies in the underground all the way down to 0 damage if you pick up basically every (worthwhile) DEF powerup available to you, but this does mean essentially bypassing most superfluous ATK powerups, and it means defeating a lot of the Final Fighters even when they're still doing a ton of damage to you. You really have to have a good understanding of HP management under a DEF build to pull this one off.

I finished the basement of G (only with gold, but still)! Your tips were mirroring my thoughts on what I was thinking going on, but it was nice to have confirmation!

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I meticulously recorded all the keys you get and spend on each floor of tower K and pre-planned my whole route and still only managed a bronze on pure :negative:

I think I have ideas on how I could've made silver, but game is HARD.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Good lord, Tactical Tower G is a nightmare for my brain. It's so goddamn big! And the final boss tower is even BIGGER? :negative:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I only got a bronze in Tower G, and I'm not sure I wanna go back.

That tower just takes forever, and leveling up requires much more thought than any other tower. It burns me out a little.

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing

Wanton Spoon posted:

But in line with your statement and the fact that I agree with the sentiment behind it, though, it probably would be a good idea if players came to some kind of consensus on which towers were easiest to start with, in general. That way, there's always some question as to how true the consensus actually is, so it's easier for players to break away from that mold if they wish.

I would actually be really happy with a record list of the fewest used sunstones for each tower that have reached at least bronze. Minimalist challenges are also fun.

Also uh, I smashed immediately the buy button for all the DLC and these orbs have the potential to make this so hard to optimize.

Wanton Spoon
Aug 19, 2007

Senior Burgeoner

12 rats tied together posted:

I play in windowed mode specifically because I found myself unable to make the game work in fullscreen mode. I think I prefer windowed mode anyway, so I never looked into why.

Zaodai posted:

I play in fullscreen and have not had that issue, though I will note that it doesn't seem to properly lock my mouse sometimes (I have multiple monitors), so maybe it's not capturing yours correctly?
When I open the game in windowed mode, the in-game cursor initially doesn't line up with the global mouse cursor, but when I drag the window to a new location, it resets the cursor position so that they match. The developers are aware of this but aren't sure of the cause yet.

John Lee posted:

When I was first learning the game, I took very detailed notes on exactly what order I did things on each floor. That got old after a while and now I just write reminders to myself on some very general "gotcha" stuff in each tower, but it may have been helpful to me in gaining a better understanding of game mechanics, since I was able to more easily compare what exactly was different from one playthrough to another, and see the cascading effects it had (or didn't have).

The only time I've ever done real math was in trying to determine the proper curve for improving ATK and DEF, and I reported my resulting findings in my big strategy post. I've never bothered with math otherwise, but I do try to be mindful of the pace at which received damage goes down when I'm comparing character builds to each other.

Culka posted:

I would actually be really happy with a record list of the fewest used sunstones for each tower that have reached at least bronze. Minimalist challenges are also fun.
I forgot about this, but I had actually made notes on the best medal I was able to get in each tower using 0 Sunstones before I decided that wasn't really how I wanted to be playing the game. Here they are:

Tactical Tutorial -
Tactical Tower NEW -
Tactical Tower D -
Tactical Tower K -
Tactical Trip Mini -
Tactical Tower G -
Tactical Tutorial 2 -
Hitofude Dojo -
Tactical Tower W -

Culka posted:

Also uh, I smashed immediately the buy button for all the DLC and these orbs have the potential to make this so hard to optimize.
Haha. Yeah, they do, but they also have the potential to completely destroy the game if you know what to do with them. The first two towers in chapter 4 should be fairly simple bronzes even with 0 Sunstones as long as you utilize the orbs properly.

For those curious, orbs are a brand new mechanic first introduced in the chapter 4 DLC. Here's some of the things orbs can do (these aren't really spoilers so much as features):

- Give you one full level's worth of EXP points.
- Destroy most walls.
- Make you swap positions with an enemy.
- Swap your ATK and DEF values (my personal favorite).

As you might imagine, this gives Tactical Nexus even more of a puzzle game feel.

By the way, public service announcement/reminder, Team Nexus is continuing to monitor this thread and respond to some comments on their Twitter account. On top of that, I'm pretty sure they're doing the same thing with the Discord, too. So be sure to follow them for updates on bug reports, new features, and

:negative:

Don't tell me that, Team Nexus. Please keep that information to yourself

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Re: fullscreen, I noticed that the actual resolution of the game in one monitor, even though it was stretched to fullscreen, ended up as a weird mirror zone on my other monitor, where I could basically mouse into the top right corner and my mouse would appear both in game and on my desktop, but only be usable on the desktop.

I toggled "make this your primary display" on my other monitor and it works fine now. Game still owns.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Is there seriously no way to turn the music off?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I just completely muted Tactical Nexus altogether and listen to my own music.

Because man, I really cannot stand that music.

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing
The devs apparently added temporary volume controls thanks to this thread, F1 lowers volume and F2 increases it. I guess proper controls are coming later?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Wanton Spoon posted:

I play in windowed mode specifically because I found myself unable to make the game work in fullscreen mode. I think I prefer windowed mode anyway, so I never looked into why.
This might be a stupid question, but how do you see? I massively prefer windowed mode because it lets me keep notes in another window, but the default window size is unreadably tiny on my 1920x1200 monitor and (as far as I can tell) can't be resized. I've had to resort to setting my resolution to 800x600 before I start the game.

(If the developers are reading this: I know there might be technical reasons why scaling is a pain, but I'd be happy with the crudest and most simple scaling possible - replacing each pixel by a block of 4 or 16 or 64.)

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

The resolution issues are actually my biggest problem with the game; changing the resolution so drastically resizes all my other windows to tiny-size when I open the game in fullscreen.

Possibly-related: I also found a way to mute the game: plug in an HDMI cable to my laptop, set it to extend the desktop, and play it on the big screen. No sound plays! It's not the only indie game to have this problem, either - no idea what causes it.

Wanton Spoon
Aug 19, 2007

Senior Burgeoner

pumpinglemma posted:

This might be a stupid question, but how do you see? I massively prefer windowed mode because it lets me keep notes in another window, but the default window size is unreadably tiny on my 1920x1200 monitor and (as far as I can tell) can't be resized. I've had to resort to setting my resolution to 800x600 before I start the game.

This might be a douchey answer, but... I dunno, I just see :v: I do wish the window could be made two or three times bigger with nearest neighbor pixel interpolation, but I can read it okay as it is. It's possible my monitor is bigger than yours.

Fortunately, the developers do have a response to this issue:

Oren posted:

我明白了。
我想在3周内实施1280 * 960模式和1920 * 1440模式。

Hope this helps!

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I honestly really like the music

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
It could be Stockholm syndrome, but I find myself starting to jam out to it after a few hours of puzzling at the same tower.

Wanton Spoon
Aug 19, 2007

Senior Burgeoner

Hey everyone! I beat the tutorial!

Heiji
Jun 9, 2007
Did you know you can go back to the main map from the nexus maps? I had this impression that it was a one way thing.

On an unrelated note, I platted Tutorial 2!

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Congratulations! Now you can start playing the real game. :v:

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Heiji posted:

Did you know you can go back to the main map from the nexus maps? I had this impression that it was a one way thing.

On an unrelated note, I platted Tutorial 2!

Thanks to this man's advice, so did I!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

pumpinglemma posted:

Congratulations! Now you can start playing the real game. :v:

I feel like there are at least 7 different points where you could say that and it would be relevant in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heiji
Jun 9, 2007
Made progress today with pure silvers on tutorial 3 and W!

W seemed to me about the pain of being understated until you can finally hit a critical point, and having to survive until that point. But getting to that point was really painful, and I had to restart due to insufficient HP several times.

Tutorial 3 is fun with equipment. I thought the opening was tricky, but after figuring out what was going on it wasn't too bad to get to the first clear point. Progressing past that... well that'd be a different story.