Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing
Uh I bought this game and already have over 10 hours played. Tower of the Sorcerer is one of my favourite games ever and I even made a browser based clone of it some years ago. This one seems to be even better and that doesn't bode well for my free time...

I just hope those bastards who halve your health when you walk past them won't show up in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing

Arzaac posted:

Quick Question about sunstones: is the amount of sunstones you get from a tower equal to your best pure nexus run + your highest scoring run, or does it take the higher number of the two? I really just don't know how those score overflow sunstones work and I'm not anywhere close to finding out for myself.

You get one sunstone for each rank of medals you get in a pure nexus run and the extra score you have over the highest medal in your best score run.

So for example in the tactical tutorial, if you get a gold in a pure nexus run you get three sunstones and 13000000 points using medals which would get you two sunstones, for a total of 5 sunstones.

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing
One thing I don't really like about the game is being uncertain if I can even finish a tower when selecting it. The difficulty stars give some indication, but they don't really tell if you need a lot of sunstones or if the tower is otherwise hard. Some kind of recommended amount of sunstones for a pure nexus run would be nice.

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing

Wanton Spoon posted:

But in line with your statement and the fact that I agree with the sentiment behind it, though, it probably would be a good idea if players came to some kind of consensus on which towers were easiest to start with, in general. That way, there's always some question as to how true the consensus actually is, so it's easier for players to break away from that mold if they wish.

I would actually be really happy with a record list of the fewest used sunstones for each tower that have reached at least bronze. Minimalist challenges are also fun.

Also uh, I smashed immediately the buy button for all the DLC and these orbs have the potential to make this so hard to optimize.

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing
The devs apparently added temporary volume controls thanks to this thread, F1 lowers volume and F2 increases it. I guess proper controls are coming later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing

Wanton Spoon posted:

To everyone else, don't stress yourself out trying to match this pace. I promise you're not bad at the game, Heiji just happened to take to it like a fish to water. I imagine most players will need a few months to get their first diamond.

I thought I was good in games like this, but I've only managed to complete 10 towers and haven't got better than silver in any of them. I guess the way to go is to start actually using the medals to get better ones.