Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

Char posted:

I'm missing something on Tutorial D, the thirds I think? The one where you can't grow ATK. I always end up at some dead end.

I beat it last night. As far as I can summarize, the basic tricks are:

*The first 4 or 5 levels all have Golden Feathers (exp up items) that are fairly accessible at low level mixed in with much high level enemies. Focus on getting these asap while leaving weaker enemies on the lower floors alive. Eventually, you'll get to a point where you can sweep back and fight a bunch of guys who do 0 damage to you but still give a decent chunk of xp. This helps a ton for getting on top of the power curve.

*That said, once you get to the higher level where the stairs are blocked by a red door (I think level 5) everything above that is pretty tough, so you can ignore climbing for a while and focusing on clearing the lower levels as efficiently as possible.

*You shouldn't need to take keys on levelup more than a few times. I think I took 2 +3 yellow keys and 1 +2 blue keys over 40 levels.

*But don't be afraid to spend keys immediately to grab atk+ items. You're going to end needing basically every atk+ item in the tower, so if it's gated by a key instead of an enemy there's little cost to grabbing it sooner than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
I think one of my favorite aspects of this game is the way that looking at other people's runs can be productive in unexpected ways.

For example, I was feekling lost on what to do next and ended up watching this guys no sunstone pure platinum Tactical Tower W run. While I could copy his moves exactly to get a couple more sunstones, what actually happened was that I kept thinking "What would I do differently if I started the run with a bunch of medal power ups but played for the nexus clear?"

Eventually enough "Oh, that was a neat tactic, I'll try that next time." and "I wouldn't be able to spend those two yellows key here, but I could make up for it by opening that red door..." built up to form a rough gameplan. And it worked! I went from a low 30mil plat to just squeaking the diamond clear with 52mil. It's my 2nd diamond, which means I can finally open the Tactical Tutorial nexus stage. It's exciting and it feels so satisfying that I got there through taking in someone else's observations and genuinely building off of them with my own theorization.