Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Oh my lord, this game was made for me. I got very close to getting silver in my first run of the tutorial tower, and got to floor 9 of the defence tower before I had to give up and restart. This rules, and I hope they wise up on the insane DLC scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Further trip report: I've cleared towers 1,2,3 and 5! I even got a silver medal on 2 without using any nexus stuff. Speaking of nexus stuff, it does not seem all that impactful. Maybe poo poo gets extremely real once I unlock higher nexus floors.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
why is tower G more than 30 floors jesus christ, i had to abandon a 3 hour run because there was just more and more and more, and eventually I couldn't keep up with the scaling.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I absolutely would love to see that! I'm still working on having proper heuristics for what to prioritize, and want to hear from someone more experienced.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

I'm learning!

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I made a discord. Unsure if anyone would use it or care, and I have no idea how to admin a discord, but here it is: https://discord.gg/BYTegrg. Wanton Spoon, I copied your big strategy post in a channel there, of course attributed to you. I'll probably tweet it at the developer too.

Elswyyr fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 28, 2020

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

GetDunked posted:

Discord link is broken, think you have a stray . in there.

Fixed.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Heiji posted:

Did you know you can go back to the main map from the nexus maps? I had this impression that it was a one way thing.

On an unrelated note, I platted Tutorial 2!

Thanks to this man's advice, so did I!

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Jester Mcgee posted:

I’ve gotten bronze or silver in every tower up to W, but I’m finding W super hard. Should I just move on to P or is it time to start going back and actually using these medals instead of doing only pure nexus runs?

W is hard! I know it's possible to get a silver pure nexus, but I've never gotten above a bronze. Going back is probably good practice though!

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I think that's everyone's first experience with W, actually. It's really rough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

GetDunked posted:

Six month necrobump, but posts like this have me horrified. I just barely scraped my way to the second exit with a silver in Tactical Tower NEW, missing a lot of health optimization and such along the way, and it's just crazy overwhelming how much choice there is... And then the discord is going off about like magic spells and pickaxes and clowns and poo poo and I realize there's already 5 more chapters of this nonsense to get through :gonk:

oh boy oh boy oh boy, you've got some stuff to look forward to