Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
This game is kicking my rear end and I keep coming back :negative:

gently caress you, whoever mentioned this in the roguelike thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Arzaac posted:

Lastly, for feathers and hearts, well, it depends? No, seriously, towers tend to have different values for hearts and feathers that makes one more optimal than the other; in Tactical trip mini, for example, feathers literally double your exp mod and are the better choice by far.

Just got my first gold there and this wound up being pretty key. (I didn't bother killing the boss to the right of the clear tile until the very very end--it only guards an HP multiplier but it's so hard that I couldn't kill it without collecting most of the HP potions on the level anyhow, but it's worth a shitload of XP and having the multiplier from the big boss put me over the top.)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mescal posted:

i've been playing tactical nexus for days and what the gently caress is this

what's a map where a small number of medals/sunstones make a huge difference? i'm familiar with the first 3 maps, but haven't beat any of the others yet.

Note that the maps are not arranged in order of difficulty, don't be afraid to tackle some of the others "out of order."

In particular, do the mini one if you haven't already done it, it's very short and easy to iterate on, and also easy in general. You can potentially optimize your way up to a gold medal even without any medals/sunstones, and it's good practice for other maps in general.